Raise 40 37.38%
Call 36 33.64%
Fold 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2005, 10:46 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

I've already made my yearly earnings goal with nearly 3 months to spare,

CONGRASTULATIONS, you've reached Winning fish status [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity - are you including times when your opponents are on draws and they come in (or don't) in your analysis? Because if you are, there's a problem with your numbers - you do not see what your opponents held the times they fold on the river when their draw doesn't come in. Therefore, they're not actually hitting as often as you think - your sample is just biased in that opponents are more likely to go to showdown and let you see their hands when they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands I'm recording are all-ins with both hands turned up. For flush draws, it's after the flop where 2 players get it all-in. For the dominated hands it's 2 players getting it all-in before the flop. Both of these situations can be statistically predicted with accuracy.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:35 PM

what can you expect from a post count =1
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 PM

so tru. post count 1.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 PM

all online poker is rigged and the earth is the center of the universe
Old 09-27-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party going public makes it much less likely that they'd do anything with the very high potential to destroy their business overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that publicly traded companies always abide by the rules, and never take unlawful, aggressive steps to maximize profits that could potentially threaten their very existence, simply because they are already making money?

Just because you have the future of online poker mapped out, does not mean there isn’t room for the possibility of corruption in an already questionable industry. I’m not making accusations here, I’m just trying to look at all the angles, while you seem to be shutting out any possibility of present or future shenanigans.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:27 AM

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
Nobody's brought up the key question here:

Is Party Poker competent enough to both rig the deck, and prevent the secret from getting out?

For anyone who's dealt with them, the answer is obvious. If they really had rigged the deck, there would be evidence leaking all over the place, and not just statistical evidence. Witnesses and participants would have made it public, or else Party would lose all the extra money and more from being blackmailed by the programmers. Unless you want to go searching Party Ltd.'s headquarters for mass graves, you have to accept that the idea is hugely flawed.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
Nobody's brought up the key question here:

Is Party Poker competent enough to both rig the deck, and prevent the secret from getting out?

For anyone who's dealt with them, the answer is obvious. If they really had rigged the deck, there would be evidence leaking all over the place, and not just statistical evidence. Witnesses and participants would have made it public, or else Party would lose all the extra money and more from being blackmailed by the programmers. Unless you want to go searching Party Ltd.'s headquarters for mass graves, you have to accept that the idea is hugely flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Programmers? I thought Dikshit handled all the programming. Party Poker cannot be that much code.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a serious novice

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood why so many old folks on here grow bitter, but...
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity - are you including times when your opponents are on draws and they come in (or don't) in your analysis? Because if you are, there's a problem with your numbers - you do not see what your opponents held the times they fold on the river when their draw doesn't come in. Therefore, they're not actually hitting as often as you think - your sample is just biased in that opponents are more likely to go to showdown and let you see their hands when they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands I'm recording are all-ins with both hands turned up. For flush draws, it's after the flop where 2 players get it all-in. For the dominated hands it's 2 players getting it all-in before the flop. Both of these situations can be statistically predicted with accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If after 1,000 observed hands you notice that the trend shifts towards the favorites actually winning more than their fair share, what conclusion will you draw then?