Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the internet and all so I have to ask if you have any proof that you are who you say you are? It would not surprise me for somebody to just make an account called Tiffany and claim to be you. Sorry to be so paranoid but like I said, it's the internet and it's full of retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you saw how long it took here to compose her post and then press the OK Submit button you would know it was her. This is second hand information but I hear Matt had to put the clock on her posting since she was tying up too much server time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call... lol
Old 11-03-2005, 05:21 PM

Hmmm. There is nothing contradictory in remarking that it is impossible to luck you way through an entire tournament and acknowledging that luck is required in certain spots in a tournament.

Best,
Tiffany
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the internet and all so I have to ask if you have any proof that you are who you say you are? It would not surprise me for somebody to just make an account called Tiffany and claim to be you. Sorry to be so paranoid but like I said, it's the internet and it's full of retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Dynasty did contact me to verify.

Best,
Tiffany
Old 11-03-2005, 05:56 PM

I have to give you credit Tiffany for coming in here when everyone's slamming you (including me in a post or two) and responding. Kudos girl, and congrats on the high finish.

BTW, the 2+2 books are excellent poker books to continue learning the game. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T
Old 11-03-2005, 06:42 PM

Tiffany,

First, I my sorry rear busted out 6 hours into Day 1, so you outlasted me along with 5600 others

Second, I never saw you cry after losing a tough hand (which can't be said about some of your red-headed male counterparts).

Congratulations on the terrific finish, and best of luck in your efforts to continue to learn the game. You are all right in my book. Regards,

BDD
Old 11-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Well congrats on your play at the WSOP. And kudos to you for showing up here to discuss it with us.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

I can also vouch that this was discussed in the mod forum, and is legit.

As for this thread and the others....good lord. I feel really bad about those of you who have so much anger about Tiffany, and others who have been on TV in the past, who seemingly can only get some joy in life by bashing others. Seriously, each and every one of you who is so critical better hope you never make it on TV, because if you do, and you screw up or make a bad play, have fun with the flamings here.

I'm not defending her play, or the plays of others from past broadcasts. In Tiffany's case, she admits she's learning the game and didn't play perfect poker. I'm sure all of you that are expressing such hate, questioning her intelligence, etc, never made a mistake after playing for one year.

Some of the responses in this thread, and some of the others, exemplifies what's wrong with this forum, and tries to drag it down into the depths of RGP levels. You guys are lucky that Dynasty is not [censored]. That guy would be banning people left and right in here for personal insults without adding any content to the forum, and I wouldn't blame him.

If people want to make posts about poker strategy related to these hands, great. I know some of you have tried to do that. But otherwise, I hope some of you can get over the amount of anger you seem to express in your posts.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of RGP levels

[/ QUOTE ]

What's an RGP level?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of RGP levels

[/ QUOTE ]

What's an RGP level?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to rec.gambling.poker, and the reputation there for anonymous flaming. From what long time posters have said, that also used to be a great place to discuss poker and exchange ideas, until it went downhill under flame wars, spam, insults, etc.

I think Mason and David have always prided themselves on trying to keep 2+2 above that level, so I hate to read the threads in WPT which are often counter to that goal. Not referencing you, BTW, and the creation of this thread.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

I can also vouch that this was discussed in the mod forum, and is legit.

As for this thread and the others....good lord. I feel really bad about those of you who have so much anger about Tiffany, and others who have been on TV in the past, who seemingly can only get some joy in life by bashing others. Seriously, each and every one of you who is so critical better hope you never make it on TV, because if you do, and you screw up or make a bad play, have fun with the flamings here.

I'm not defending her play, or the plays of others from past broadcasts. In Tiffany's case, she admits she's learning the game and didn't play perfect poker. I'm sure all of you that are expressing such hate, questioning her intelligence, etc, never made a mistake after playing for one year.

Some of the responses in this thread, and some of the others, exemplifies what's wrong with this forum, and tries to drag it down into the depths of RGP levels. You guys are lucky that Dynasty is not [censored]. That guy would be banning people left and right in here for personal insults without adding any content to the forum, and I wouldn't blame him.

If people want to make posts about poker strategy related to these hands, great. I know some of you have tried to do that. But otherwise, I hope some of you can get over the amount of anger you seem to express in your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offence, but if i want to talk strategy i will go to Multi-table Tournaments or some other forum.

This is a forum to talk about what we saw on TV and well looks like alot of 2+2ers want to talk about Tiffany Willaimson. I sat watching ESPN the other night and was waiting to see how they handled her visits to the tank that they talked about so much on the cardplayer broadcast. You forget, this is the biggest tourney of the year... and poker is a "sport" anyone can play.

I can't really say, that bret farve, i could play a NFL game and not throw 4 interceptions... but i can't and i never will. but can i and have i laid down better hands than KJ to an all in bet? yes, everynight, and it doesn't take me 10 minutes to decide what to do.

yea, yea, its not usually in a 10k buyin tourney, but does a KJ get any better the higher stakes you go? No. So yea, maybe its not nice to flame tiffany for her play, but when did this become the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" forum.

I remember last year, there were tons of flaming going on from Ramer on down (love you greg) anyway, If you want to vent about how you wanted to reach into your tv and muck her cards for her, of if you were praying along side ramer that she wouldn't suck out on him like she had done so many times before. then more power to you, if you want to congragulate her for her finish, go for it, but either way, have an opinion, voice it, and stick by it. that is all.