Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Live 2-4: AA on Drawless Board and Top Card Pairs on the Turn

You know what. I don't think it's easy to find the right answer.

If you have red aces call black aces fold. One red ace one black ace flip a coin. If its heads fold tails call. To decide what gets heads or tails ask someone to pick odds or evens.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what. I don't think it's easy to find the right answer.

If you have red aces call black aces fold. One red ace one black ace flip a coin. If its heads fold tails call. To decide what gets heads or tails ask someone to pick odds or evens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep it simple. If you have the Ace of spades, call down. If not, fold.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But, if you call the turn, you are most likely going to call the river unimproved. So, that could make you lean towards folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems murky to me. we are either drawing, or we are not, and it really seems like we should figure that out, eh?

it doesn't make sense to me to figure out all the odds of a call with a 3 out hand if we are going to call the river unimproved anyways. it seems to me like the correct play is to figure out a line on the turn and take that line. mixing and matching (i.e. we have outs so we can call but then on the river we now decide we need to call unimproved) doesn't seem to me like a good approach.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-18-2004, 10:52 AM

Excellent post and many great responses.

If opponent matches my understanding of "very loose" then purely on frequency grounds the odds heavily favor a queen over a set.

This hand is why my #1 note-taking priority in online play is opponents who bluff the turn when another player is clearly in control.

After reading all the responses I think the best approach is to call without hesitation and checkfold unimproved. I'm trading on my 2-4 outs and an estimated 50% chance that this opponent won't pull the trigger a second time with a bluff. At worst I've made an effort to maintain appearances.

I can't believe anyone here would check the turn [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Yes a free card is unlikely to cost the pot, but there are bills to pay. If I can't make money with AA, when do I make money?