Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: How to answer this common female question?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the correct answer is to not be a shallow prick. consider also the fact that if you ever settle down with a woman for the long haul, she will become fat and unattractive. you might as well learn to deal with it. it's easier to lower your standards than get her to be beautiful, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow is this a corollary of "try not to expect too much and you won't be disappointed"?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 PM

As the bad-ass, it would seem like you'd be more suited to someone less bad-ass who complements you, rather than someone equally bad-ass with whom things are more likely to become a running contest. What do you think about this?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok, so the "if i was a guy...i'd tell them to be stop being insecure" would end with you leaving....either way, you being a guy or girl has no affect on the outcome, right? someone asks you you're out of there?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - wether i was a guy or girl i would do the same thing - if someone asks me a question b/c they are insecure...a DUMB question...then im done with that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cool that makes more sense

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't, you're just tired of punching a wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...well said...but in the end the point did make sense...it just wasn't said clearly in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:14 PM

haha, no, ahhve got mah own gurl [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM

This is the worst. Just go to the gym together. Jesus.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem arises for me from the fact that my honest answer is yes, for various reasons (and no I do not think this is shallow, my reasons are valid).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] kidding me. How can this be anything other then shallow. THere are no reasons short of "Well I'd worry you'd get diabeties" (sorry for setting off everyones BS detectors there), that are reasonable. If you leave her because she's fat you are shallow, I understand it means she's let her self go, but it's nothing you can't work out together, as I'm sure you have problems that she's helped you with.
As for whether it's bad to be shallow, well to each their own.

Cody
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you [censored] kidding me. How can this be anything other then shallow. THere are no reasons short of "Well I'd worry you'd get diabeties" (sorry for setting off everyones BS detectors there), that are reasonable. If you leave her because she's fat you are shallow, I understand it means she's let her self go, but it's nothing you can't work out together, as I'm sure you have problems that she's helped you with.
As for whether it's bad to be shallow, well to each their own.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just that she's fat and unattractive. Part of the problem is that I think fat people are lazy. also, if she's asking this question, she's got low self-esteem, which is another common trait of fat people. FWIW, I like curvy women. Not fat, but with a little meat so i'm not talking about her being extremely skinny or snything, just not fat.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"No, of course not."

You of course need to have mastered faking sincerity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is an incorrect answer. You have to remember that I said I would most definetely break up with a girl if she got fat. Not chubby, but fat. Fatness angers me. It presents a lot about the emotional content of a person. My answer is basically this:

"I am with you because we share a lot of interests. One of the central themes to our interests is activity and an optimistic outlook, which are both greatly hindered by a fat, lazy attitude."

The last thing that I would ever say in this situation is a straight "no of course not" type of answer. But that's just me. Its most definetely the easiest way around the issue.

-Jihad
Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM

No man I totally agree, [censored] that fat bitch, she makes me laugh and cares about me and is incredibly intellegent, but [censored] that fat slut, lose some weight tubby.

This is all bullshit. I'm sorry Jake, you make a good point and I don't mean for this to sound like I"m going after you but the attitude of the OP just pisses me off.

Cody
Old 10-19-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll save the story as to how this came up and just ask how you answer this question from a girl:

"Would you break up with me if I got fat?"

I think the problem arises for me from the fact that my honest answer is yes, for various reasons (and no I do not think this is shallow, my reasons are valid). So when I'm asked this question, I tend to not want to lie and give the girl the wrong idea. Have you guys ever had this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Don't be silly, honey. You're already fat."

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually said that to my last girlfriend.

Not exactly the same thing but more along the lines of "You are already out of shape and heavier than when we started dating, and I haven't left you yet." Then I rubbed her belly. That didn't go over well.