Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: *****Official Astros-White Sox World Series Thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
i love this bickering, it's quite cute.

anyways, i gave up my boycott and watched the game last night. sure, the ball didn't hit him, but what are you going to do, the ump can't see that area, so do you propose someone stand in front of the batter and pitcher to see if these things happen?

anyways, this game was a gem. the slammy, then the 2 run, 2 out single off jenks, and then finally the HR by pods, who got one back after making that horrible throw from left in the 9th.

again, there have been some awful calls in the postseason, but i was happy to be a baseball fan last night.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well put. I agree with you completely. It was nice to see Pods redeem himself after the throw in the top of the 9th. Should've been out by a mile. As it was the play was close, even with the poor throw. Both games have been back and forth and hard fought. So far so good for this series.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a quote from Jermaine Lie after the game. Pretty low.

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm not going to tell him I fouled it off," Dye said. "Just go to first and, hopefully, we get a big hit and we did."

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I admit that we got outplayed (barely) in game one. But rightfully this series should be tied 1-1 going back to Houston. The White Sox along with the umpires screwed the Angels and now they are screwing the Astros as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Garner is doing a fine job of screwing his own team along as well.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
letting a 0 HR guy go yard is what cost you the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to argue against that one.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:17 PM

Bud [censored] Selig is now saying he will determine if the roof is open or closed for the games in Houston. Selig

[ QUOTE ]
``I don't want it to become a farce. Let's say it's 72 degrees, why wouldn't the roof be open? Why do you have a retractable roof in the first place?,'' Selig said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we play on [censored] GRASS. Very nice that Roger Clemens might have to go out there with a terrible hamstring in 55 degree weather because Selig and FOX want a blimp shot. And as for a farce. Someone explain how game 2 was played in conditions that would cancel a game in May.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Guidelines for Movement of Retractable Roofs

The decision as to whether a game begins with the roof open or closed rests solely with the home club

[/ QUOTE ]

bottom of page
Old 10-24-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Game one, the second time Bagwell was HPB, he clearly made no effort at all to get out of the way, and on the replay even appears to stick his back knee into the pitch. He was awarded first base on that , and it could have easily been disallowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not at all pro-excuse making slash blaming umpires or anything, but your statement here is completely wrong. It could most certainly NOT have been disallowed. No umpire in their right mind is going to not award him first base if the batter makes any sort of movement that could even remotely be conceived of as trying to avoid or brace unless the pitch was blatantly over the plate. It's just not gonna happen.

You're right on with your point though. In the end, all you can do is put yourself in the best position to succeed and leave it all out on the field. Blaming failure on umpires/officials is just stupid. Sure it sucks, but what're you gonna do? And it's DEFINITELY not the umpires fault in this instance that the 'Stros are down 0-2. They've had PLENTY of opportunities in the series to win both games and haven't produced or performed. Blaming the umpires for their loss(es) is bush league.

GoT

GoT
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 PM

I agree. It shouldn't be MLB or Bud Selig's choice. It was our tax dollars that paid for the stadium, not his.

If we have to play in a freezing downpour because Chicago is too stupid to build a roofed stadium ( I guess they just never expected to be playing in October), then we should be able to have our roof closed when we come home if we wish.

Seems as if MLB is trying to give the White Sox every advantage possible in this series.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. It shouldn't be MLB or Bud Selig's choice. It was our tax dollars that paid for the stadium, not his.

If we have to play in a freezing downpour because Chicago is too stupid to build a roofed stadium ( I guess they just never expected to be playing in October), then we should be able to have our roof closed when we come home if we wish.

Seems as if MLB is trying to give the White Sox every advantage possible in this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop with the conspiricy junk. You just make yourself look foolish. It has to stop.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM

Yeah you've pretty much looked like an idiot this whole thread.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 PM

You think I care what you think about me? You're definitely nobody important to me. For what it's worth I think you're an idiot as well. I call it how I see it. If these calls weren't benefiting your crappy team you might be able to appreciate them. Maybe if the tables turn you will gain a new perspective.