Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
I've had the same experience with no one laying down in 80-160, so much so that I don't semibluff much in that game anymore unless I think there's a reasonable chance they don't have anything themselves. My best successes in semibluffing at 80-160 seem to be raising their turn bets when in position after raising or reraising preflop and an A or K falls. They so frequently have arrived on the turn with an overplayed small to medium pocket pair that they have a hard time calling once they realize they may be down to 2 outs (if they figure they have 5 or more outs they pretty much always call). I often have an unimproved big ace or an overplayed pocket pair myself (that I fear may be smaller than theirs [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) when I make that raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're called on the turn, do you then bet or check behind on the river in these situations? What if your opponent here already noticed this play from you? Doesn't that mean the possibility of him having 99 (etc) just went up?
Old 06-24-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Overplayed?

After I raise the turn in those situations, that's pretty much the last money I plan on putting in the pot. If they call the turn, I figure chances are something more than 90% that they will call the river if they have any pair. You do have to be observant though, some players will call the turn raise as a sort of test, hoping you will check the river, but are sometimes willing to fold the river if you bet again. So, the follow up is very player dependent.