Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

AngelGoldFish is AngelFish's niece, not to be confused with my daughter AngelGuppy who was hopefully sleeping in our room under the care of a sitter.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Which makes AngelGuppy and AngelGoldFish 1st cousins for those following the AngelFish lineage. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Homer,

Let's get a bet going. Who can lose the most weight by the next picture.

For now on I am only eating food in bar form.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 PM

Homer,

Let's get a bet going. Who can lose the most weight by the next picture.

For now on I am only eating food in bar form.

Mmmm, powersauce. Lets make it interesting. How about the loser buys the winner a 64 oz steak dinner at the next gathering. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2004, 10:50 PM

My highlights.

- Winning $1000 in the 10/20 game on Friday night. That was my first 1K session, a goal I have been close to before but always came up short.

- Playing craps with Zack and Mosch. I was being a wimp and only betting the pass line and the odds bet. They were betting the hardways, etc. We all won.

- Losing my craps profits to Zack and Mosch in a limit SNG. My main strategy was to straddle everytime I had the button, but I still was first out. A highlight of this was when Mosch bet the river dark and I raised in the dark - he had me outkicked. The hand that really hurt me was when I raised Mosch on the river, called his 3-bet, showed my hand and said that I had a straight when all I had was bottom pair. I blame alcohol.

- Playing 20/40 for the first time.

- Playing in the no limit game with Scrub, CrackerZack and Mosch. Zack was talking a mile a minute and entertaining everyone at the table. Well, not everyone was entertained, some were put on tilt by the relentless chatter. The guy on my right turned to me and said, "I can't wait to get my hands on that guy's stack." CZ was drinking Black Russians. Since the waitress wouldn't let him order 2 drinks at a time, he asked her to put them in extra large glasses and he was tipping her $5 each time.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:58 PM

Now that Tony Randall is dead, you are the only living member of the Wall of Fame.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:14 AM

The hand that really hurt me was when I raised Mosch on the river, called his 3-bet, showed my hand and said that I had a straight when all I had was bottom pair. I blame alcohol.

I almost forgot that [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 01:26 AM

It was really a trip meeting Mike Gallo (MG in NJ) who has helped me so much in my development as a poker player. Mike could not have been less like I envisioned him. His posts on this board are very "elder statesman like," and he comes off as a wise, quiet and introsepctive guy. In reality, Mike is very funny, outgoing (as Homer would say, "loud") and was all about having fun and making sure everyone else was too. Congrats on the upcoming wedding, and please come back here and visit.

Dude,

I do act wise, quiet and introsepctive guy, however when its time to party, I party [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed meeting you also. Come the middle of August I should find the time to play if you want to venture down to the Borgata again.

Imagine a dozen or so 2+2ers, and not just any 2+2ers we've got some of the big guns here, wandering around a maze of slot machinies desparately in search of a roulette wheel. It was an experience I never thought I'd be a part of. We put our money on 4, some start chanting "E-V-E-V-E-V" and wait for the ball to stop. Flop comes...BRICK, 25 or something, and we lose. No one seems to care, and we move on.

I have played there for a year and I forgot where to find a roullete table.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:24 AM

Default Re: BARGE, Baby!!!

Hi Buckshot:

David and I do not take part in the BARGE events. However, I would probably be available for lunch or dinner during that time if a group of posters wanted to get together. (This assumes that I'm in town and right at the moment I expect this to be the case.)

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-16-2004, 05:19 AM

Nice to see that you aren't all a bunch of freaks. Sorry I missed you on your trip to our glorious Borgata. I'll be in town in August, too, so you all should come down again!
-James