Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: artificial poker player

You guys sure get hostile fast around here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Yes, they do it and Yes, that is their primary means of detection."

And following a logical train of thought, the question woudl arise: "How do you know that?" Someone saying it doesn't make it so, that's why I've asked for a how or why somewhere. People who use bots may be idiots, but people who write them are not.

Anybody who'd like to continue the chat can PM me. This has gotten too long and drawn out to continue in this thread.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:58 PM

I know it from how it has detected poker bots in the past, and how to get around it from detecting poker bots.

You are right, this thread is useless.

You first said it was impossible for the software to do it.
Then when shown that it was possible, you said that they didn't do it. Then when shown that they did do it, you are now arguing the semantics of how they do it.

Do you work for NASA?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who use bots may be idiots, but people who write them are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously never met Mr. Windholdembotman
Old 05-29-2004, 11:52 AM

I gave you instructions in my first reply. Install Paradise, start the bot then, attempt to play, watch what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be implying that it scans for other processes running on the hard drive, and then communicates it back to the company through, for example, the partypoker.exe application.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not implying it, i'm stating it.

[ QUOTE ]
That method would be technically complicated, easily circumvented, and not terribly ethical on their part.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not very complicated, but if it was done well, not easily circumvented, ethics is debatable considering why its doing it.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to explain the process by which you what would work(2nd time I've asked the question);

[/ QUOTE ]

Initially it would just look for any app running with the title the same as the illegal app and it would shut down your poker client if it found it. After that it got more sophisticated as the bot people kept trying to hide their app and poker clients kept trying to find it. From what I've seen on RGP, the poker clients won.