4 5 3.33%
3 9 6.00%
2 6 4.00%
1 23 15.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Exchanging I Love Yous

[ QUOTE ]
I used to seriously over analyze [censored] like this, thinking about exactly when to call, what to say, and all that, and then I realized taht unless it comes naturally and isnt planned, it's kinda like lying, and the relationship is crap anyways.

If she doesnt dig the real you, your timing, and all that, there are literally billions of fishies in the sea. Move the hell on, its not worth agonizing over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting idea. Fall in love, tell the girl, and if she don't dig it, hitch up and move on.

This 'falling in love' thing actually makes insta-moveon a little difficult [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM

don't doubt it. I just feel that if I'm with a girl, its cause we both are feeling the same way about each other more often then not. of course, maybe I'm just in some romantic pipe dream that may or may not exist
Old 11-30-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to seriously over analyze [censored] like this, thinking about exactly when to call, what to say, and all that, and then I realized taht unless it comes naturally and isnt planned, it's kinda like lying, and the relationship is crap anyways.

If she doesnt dig the real you, your timing, and all that, there are literally billions of fishies in the sea. Move the hell on, its not worth agonizing over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting idea. Fall in love, tell the girl, and if she don't dig it, hitch up and move on.

This 'falling in love' thing actually makes insta-moveon a little difficult [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously.

however, I am of the opinion that a man can "fall in love" with any woman, since "love" is really only a byproduct of becoming extremely familiar with a person, and coming to enjoy their little quirks and what-have-you.

I think that it all comes down to a certain assumption. When I used to over-analyze, and think about everything, it was because I felt like I was walking on eggshells, and if I did something wrong, it would be over. Hence, I would assume that if nothing was said, or something went off a little weird, it was because they DIDNT want to be with me.

Now I just assume they do, and let them tell me when Im wrong, saves me the headache.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however, I am of the opinion that a man can "fall in love" with any woman, since "love" is really only a byproduct of becoming extremely familiar with a person, and coming to enjoy their little quirks and what-have-you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think this is true at all. I'm extremely familiar with the personal habits of any number of women that I loathe.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously...move on and find a new table with a VPIP >40% where the women will fold to any check-raise. [censored], I play too much poker.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With Entity and Shant it came two weeks into the relationship and it felt right and not omg too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

you left out Dids too

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Dear Bison,

Jason's never said "I love you" to me. He just sends [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] all the time. Is this his way of hinting that he doesn't love me as much as other sstakers?

- Madtown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, your feelings are your feelings, so what does it really matter on how long you should be with someone to say it and whatnot

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is, as Bright pointed out, saying this too early could give her too much power. You definitely have to be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you people seriously worry about [censored] like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do, and no girlfriend has ever tried to kill me.

Make of that what you will.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think this is true at all. I'm extremely familiar with the personal habits of any number of women that I loathe.

[/ QUOTE ]

but do you enjoy them (their quirks)? And I didnt say we DO fall in love with every woman, but that we COULD. Because we can make ourselves look past things.

We shouldn't, but I think alot of it is due to popular culture. Look at damn near every peice of media out there, and you'll see that a "happy ending" (here come the massage jokes) is only attainable when love conquers all, yada ya.

I dont feel like my life will only be complete when I have a chick, and this helps in that Im no longer desparate for it.

That's a point I think most people need to reach on their own before trying to be in a committed relationship.