Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of

"I will flop an overpair or a set 60 percent of the time."

I know you will flop a set 12%, is it true that the flop will be all cards under a J 48%, that seems high
Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From your two posts I've concluded you should get your money back from your schooling where you got your master's in math and that you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need the refund since I saved so much dodging the QQ and KK I was up against in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
gerry, you are an idiot.
im sorry to be the one to tell you this.
you posted the postflop action dude! MP1/MP2 nad neither KK, nor QQ... youre claiming they had both? or u folded because of ESP that BB had a big hand? MP2 just folded his set on flop? MP1 just called down?

plz explain, thx.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PFR 11 raises MP1. This is AT+, 77+, KQ, sometimes QJs. PFR 9 3 bets. This is TT(maybe even 99 or 88!)+, AQ+. I have position. I will flop an overpair or a set 60 percent of the time. I play better than my opponents. I can't only cap aces and kings or my opponents will know I have aces or kings in a game with a relatively small player pool. People raise and three-bet more lightly in bigger games. That's my explanation.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they making distinctions between capping headsup with JJ and folding JJ when threebet in a multiway pot before the action gets to you? If they are that good at making notes, I may never be ready for the 50/100 game.

Let me put it this way, if, for example, you do cap heads up down to 10's or nines and with various combinations of face cards depending on the opponent, and multiway only down to queens and with A-K suited and sometimes A-K off, are the players good enough to know that your hand is no worse than A-K when you cap in a multiway pot?

Which is another way of saying, I'm not sure that folding here necessarily translates into one only caps with Aces or Kings.

I make the JJ fold in this situation very frequently, but then I play much lower than 50/100 and I'm not that concerned with the meta-game.

--Zetack
Old 11-28-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of ...

[ QUOTE ]
no chance id fold JJ here, so there you go. at least someone disagrees

2 aggressive MP raisers who you have position on, and you want to fold the 4th best hand in the game? [censored] that. cap it up

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you change the limit from 15/30 to 50/100? You do this a lot and you never change the pot size.

Next time when your first line is
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
Your pot on the flop should not be
[ QUOTE ]
12.66 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop changing the limits or stop playing in games with different blind structures than the games you wish you were playing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else starting to feel really awkward? Starting to think that this is TheMatador from however long ago? A guy who is a little too big for his britches, very cocky and "just" joined the forum... It's okay man, we will accept you for who you are without you lying about downswings/winrates/the limits you play.
-James
Old 11-28-2005, 04:55 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you change the limit from 15/30 to 50/100? You do this a lot and you never change the pot size.

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12.66 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop changing the limits or stop playing in games with different blind structures than the games you wish you were playing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else starting to feel really awkward? Starting to think that this is TheMatador from however long ago? A guy who is a little too big for his britches, very cocky and "just" joined the forum... It's okay man, we will accept you for who you are without you lying about downswings/winrates/the limits you play.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

it is, and i dont quite get why hes not banned
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From your two posts I've concluded you should get your money back from your schooling where you got your master's in math and that you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need the refund since I saved so much dodging the QQ and KK I was up against in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, I did NOT see that coming....

WHATUP SOPHIA!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:23 PM

I think it's time you pop your cherry Josh. I promise it won't hurt too bad....go ahead...the box.....
Old 11-28-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12.66 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'd this thought to Entity weeks ago but didn't say much beyond that because, frankly, if he's back and decides to post like a non-schmuck this time, that good for everyone.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is. I think perhaps it's terrible to fold here. Also, I'm being results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because most players fail to adjust to their opponents. I haven't played 50/100 and neither have you , but I would guess the game is so tough that capping this is a necessity to come out a winner (no universal winning strategy).

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed both your posts.