Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

I was really into taking shots going into my freshman year of college. I decided to take about 10 shots of different kinds of liquor: Jager, rum, vodka, etc. in about 30 minutes, about a month into my freshman year. This was a very bad idea. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the party on the bathroom floor until well into the next day. This is when I started drinking beer. Not Natty or Beast, but good beer. I found that I got a nice buzz of drinking it, but it wasn't enough to make me black out.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone konw why a lot of the time I can blackout but not have an awful hangover in the morning, but then other nights I have a painful hangover but didnt black out?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the type and amount of alcohol you drink, length of time you spent drinking, level of hydration, amount of food in your system, amount of sleep you got, etc.

I doubt all of these things are the same every time you drink, so the effects are going to vary.

I imagine your level of hydration would be the biggest single factor.

PG
Old 11-15-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woah, just cause you guys couldn't tag the loose sorority chicks doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Esp at a huge SEC school like Clayton goes to, they're going to be a dime a dozen, and very easy to get into bed. You screw up with one, move on to another. One turns out to be psycho, move on to another.

For what OP is looking for, sorority girls are mos def the answer.

And I say this as someone who was never in a frat, so don't even start with the anti-Greek BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 12:13 PM

ALCOHOL IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Instead focus on your skills at picking up, talking to, and porking women.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ALCOHOL IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Instead focus on your skills at picking up, talking to, and porking women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might as well get wasted while you go about all that crap.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:26 PM

What does him drinking have to do with him getting ass...doesnt seem he needs to lower his inhibitions (he is of the male species I presume)

You don't have to drink to get some, I have a friend who quit drinking 17yrs ago because he was becoming an alcoholic (like his father and uncle) and decided to swear off alcohol and drugs completely...and he parties like a rock star(without drugs or alcohol)...and no one looks down on him or says [censored] to him about it (and he pulls in an decent amount of tail)

So just be yourself and quit worrying about fitting in with drinking....and if the people you hang with bust your chops for not drinking...[censored] em get new friends
Old 11-15-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch Roger Dodger

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point of this movie.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:15 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

as long as you don't come off as deeply anti-whatever or a stiff in situations where it's happening, not taking substances can be a confidence/decision thing which will be attractive to a lot of people. if you're second-guessing yourself on it, it won't, because you'll be obviously insecure in those situations. you don't need a shot of whiskey, you need a shot of confidence. taking up drinking after deliberating over it like this would be really lame.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not taking substances can be a confidence/decision thing which will be attractive to a lot of people

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a freshman in college. not a 30something born again christian.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Default That\'s about right, except for mixing alcohol with drugs

Agree with most of what PokerGoblin wrote. But in my alcohol server training, I was taught that mixing alcohol with just about any other drug is not recommended. Especially depressants (which alcohol and aspirin are.) They can heighten the effects of alcohol and really take you for a spin. Taking aspirin with alcohol may cause even more stomach and intestine bleeding than aspirin alone.

That's putting the cart before the horse, though. Go out there and experiment with all the lovely adult beverages everyone has to offer. Find what you like (no girlie drinks like daiquiris or Cosmopolitans though.) Beer typically has the lowest alcohol by volume (ABV,) so you'll be able to drink more and take in less alcohol. Have fun & be safe.

ScottieK