Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs 8
7 27 31.03%
8 60 68.97%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: AJs UTG

The raise all depends on how donkish he is. From the read you have now I raise this every time so he doesnt call you down with a garbage pair, fold equity against this non thinker is high
Old 11-01-2005, 04:52 AM

btw, for those that are confused on the buttons play in this hand i think he played the river expertly. its quite clear that baron is raising his ace high and a 3bet will take it down against alot of players. barons call against the 3bet is also excellent.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh, and mperich, i was trying to fold out worse pairs (5, 6, 2) . do you think that's stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you mean the CO. So you are hoping the Button is bluffing and the CO will fold a hand that beats you. And they are both unknown.

Seems like wishfull thinking to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but in order to use that line of thinking, you have to assume CO would overcall the river with those hands to begin with.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh, and mperich, i was trying to fold out worse pairs (5, 6, 2) . do you think that's stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you mean the CO. So you are hoping the Button is bluffing and the CO will fold a hand that beats you. And they are both unknown.

Seems like wishfull thinking to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but in order to use that line of thinking, you have to assume CO would overcall the river with those hands to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, he had been in (i think )all the pots and cold called preflop in this hand and called a ragged flop...its not necessarily likely that he has a pair, but i dont think the fact that I call the river will stop him from calling with a pair. but then again he is unknown so who knows.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both opponents unknown

[/ QUOTE ]
What gave you any indication that both the button has lower than AJ high and the CO won't call 2 cold? Granted the button played his hand like a flush draw, but the only read you have is CO plays every hand. That means he also has to fold on the river for your parlay to work.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That means he also has to fold on the river for your parlay to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...so which is more likely to make him fold a middle pair...$120 cold or $60 cold..

im just saying this in defense of my line. i think arguments can be made for just calling too. ive got to think about it more before i make aany definitive statements.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, for those that are confused on the buttons play in this hand i think he played the river expertly.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you defend a guy who can't accept the fact that his move didn't work?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:25 AM

This is true. It's hard to work the math out in this particular situation.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, for those that are confused on the buttons play in this hand i think he played the river expertly. its quite clear that baron is raising his ace high and a 3bet will take it down against alot of players. barons call against the 3bet is also excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the button evaluated the situation well but still played the hand like crap. he's not getting a fold often enough to make 3-betting correct.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the button evaluated the situation well but still played the hand like crap. he's not getting a fold often enough to make 3-betting correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...his play for the hand was a draw and the only way hes winning is to bet, so when Baron CR to get CO out...button knew (if he was thinking) what baron was doing so he 3bet (as Baron is betting a strong hand on this river alot)...but his play is pretty odd for anything but a draw and an unlikely rivered set that Baron is probably calling a good A-high here a lot.

So yeah...crappy play. Maybe if he took a stronger line...or didnt play it exactly like a draw (right line to take though) it would work. As it is...his 3bet is getting called a decent amount of the time.