Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: My take on the Party debacle

Well, why don't we just see what's running? At 8pm tonight I'll count the # of tables at each limit (if I remember) and we'll have a decent idea of what primetime looks like for ring games.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:30 PM

I don't understand the references in this thread that say stuff like "an affiliate has a lot of power to move players."

The three affiliates that I have accounts with on various sites, seem like swell guys. Meaning they pay me when they say they will, and make efforts to respond in a timely fashion when I have questions. However as for having any influence on where I play, they do not really factor in.

For instance if one of my affiliates were to send me a e-mail saying "Hey, I don't like X-site anymore, open an account on Y-site instead.". My question would be "will I still get paid for playing on X-site?"

As for Y-site, I may or may not join it, and if I did join... it might not necessarily be with that affiliate.

My point is when deciding where to play and how often, my affiliates have nothing to do with that decision, beyond the percentage I am given to play.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:37 PM

I think the reference to "a lot of power to move players" referred to the attraction a large affiliate might have on a site. If an affiliate says I've got 1.5 million in MGR would you like these players for Xpercent? Maybe that affiliate can get a deal that you as an invidual could not. Affiliates aren't trying to influence where you play.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:15 PM

possible that table for table it is less at the 15-30 vs. 1-2 example, but i would be interested to see a table count of 15-30 vs. tables under 5-10.

the ratio must be huge toward the lower limits.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker single handedly gave every card room an opportunity to gain marketshare on them

the total players getting rakeback are statistically insignificant to the population of online players. there will be no discernible difference in marketshare because of this blip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a voice of reason in this stupid thread. Party screweed no one. Understand this no one!! The affiliates that are crying the blues screwed themselves and just like a typical poker fish feel better blaming Party than their own poor foresight.

Suck it up, adjust your business plan (as Party has) and make money again. This change by Party will only make them more profitable in the long run, this is a complete no-brainer.

BTW, Hi there Granny. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The Points for cash promotion was just for this month. In the coming months, they plan on offering other things like cruise packages, merchandise etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, more merchandise, or should i say beanies and tshirts, pls party, get a real shop that acctually offers something i dont care i have to spend a zillion party points as long as i get something of value i ll be happy...