Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: anyone here ever drive drunk? c\'mon... admit it! (you morons!)

[ QUOTE ]
This is such bullshit. For decades, people have driven intoxicated and been ok. I myself have drive under the influence at leat three times in the last week. Some people shouldnt drive period. Some people are fine when driving drunk. Generally this whole "driving under the influence is bad" thing is nothing but a farce for a bunch of people who dont understand why their relatives die. Ive had two friends killied by drunk drivers, and in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say that to a little girl's parents after you killed her while drinking and driving and see how well it goes over.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 AM

You knew you could kill somebody, though, right? Getting my license taken away sounds pretty sweet compared to killing somebody.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:11 AM

i got a dub like 4 years ago, still do it far to often, but im not drinking nearly as much as i used to

oh yeah, here , by the way
Old 10-14-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We've done this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see jason alread posted a link to this, nevermind
Old 10-14-2005, 05:18 AM

I advise you to injure your spinal cord, so you will no longer be able to drive. Try diving into a shallow pool.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such bullshit. For decades, people have driven intoxicated and been ok. I myself have drive under the influence at leat three times in the last week. Some people shouldnt drive period. Some people are fine when driving drunk. Generally this whole "driving under the influence is bad" thing is nothing but a farce for a bunch of people who dont understand why their relatives die. Ive had two friends killied by drunk drivers, and in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with a lot of this, some people are very experienced drunk drivers, some are not and should not be driving drunk, ive always felt you should be able to get like a special liscence to drive at your own limit, but that will never happen, if i get dubbed again, or even caught drinking again for that matter, i go to prison for a few months, not jail, prison, i think thats kinda rediculous, i need to get a radar detector
Old 10-14-2005, 05:57 AM

A problem with people being their own judges of whether they drive well when they're drunk is that so many people are clueless to how badly they drive even when they're sober.

Many of the worst drivers I've known were convinced that they were the best, including some hyper-aggressive ones that took lots of chances but didn't really have the driving skills to back them up. Drinking making that kind of guy even more aggressive, as it does to some people, can loose a death machine on the road.

And even if aggression doesn't increase for a person when they're drunk, a bad driver may be barely hanging on to safety when sober -- though not to hear him tell it. Add in the booze to screw up judgment and mess up perception and reaction speed, and you're looking at trouble.

Relying on people's own perceptions of their levels of drunkeness or how well they drive are both pretty iffy ideas, at best.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:06 AM

I got out of a DUI .. not once, not twice, but three times (with three different stories)! This was in college no less, where we had 4 different police headquarters (state/county/local/campus) in the area.

Needless to say, I learned my lesson (albeit on the third time), and haven't driven drunk since. Something about it now, I just don't feel like dealing with it.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A problem with people being their own judges of whether they drive well when they're drunk is that so many people are clueless to how badly they drive even when they're sober.

Many of the worst drivers I've known were convinced that they were the best, including some hyper-aggressive ones that took lots of chances but didn't really have the driving skills to back them up. Drinking making that kind of guy even more aggressive, as it does to some people, can loose a death machine on the road.

And even if aggression doesn't increase for a person when they're drunk, a bad driver may be barely hanging on to safety when sober -- though not to hear him tell it. Add in the booze to screw up judgment and mess up perception and reaction speed, and you're looking at trouble.

Relying on people's own perceptions of their levels of drunkeness or how well they drive are both pretty iffy ideas, at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i know some horible drunk(or sober) drivers, but i also know some very good and experienced ones whove been doing it for many years and dont have any trouble except for the occaisonal DWI, i dont think im in the position to rate my own drunk driving skills so i wont

if this is refering to my special liscence idea, i would not make it rely on peoples own perceptions, id set up some kind of test at the DMV where people are tested at different BAC levels and whatever level you pass at goes on your liscence as your limit, not just .08 for everyone

but like i said, this will never happen
Old 10-14-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such bullshit. <font color="red">For decades, people have driven intoxicated and been ok.</font> I myself have drive under the influence at leat three times in the last week. <font color="blue">Some people shouldnt drive period.</font> <font color="green">Some people are fine when driving drunk.</font> Generally this whole "driving under the influence is bad" thing is nothing but a farce for a bunch of people who dont understand why their relatives die. Ive had two friends killied by drunk drivers, and in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]
PJNED, this is one of the dumbest arguments I've seen.

<font color="red">This could be re-written as: For decades, people have driven intoxicated and killed others because they were too drunk to control their vehicles. Most of them don't cause any damage/harm, but they are much more likely to cause an accident when drunk.

You aren't really saying anything in your sentence.</font>

<font color="blue">So that means drunk driving is ok? No, it just means some people need to learn how to drive correctly. It doesn't have anything to do with driving drunk.</font>

<font color="green">Some people THINK they are fine drivers when drunk, just like drunk guys THINK she looks hotter than she really is.</font>