Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Anybody feeling Penn State over OSU?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He played well, but this is nowhere near lit up.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you guys are missing the important thing.

michael robinson >>>>>> vince young

sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats true, AJ Hawk >>>>>>> GOD

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ Hawk vs Ditka?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sure am. I think Michael Robinson will create problems for the Buckeyes defense. Penn State's offensive line is playing extremely well. Add that to the fact that it's a big time home game at Beaver Stadium and I'm expecting a 10 point Nittany Lions victory.

Ohio State's quarterbacking still is an issue, as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-07-2005, 11:58 AM

You people are out of your mind. OSU will stomp them. The public over values Penn because they are undefeated. They aren't that good. The Penn. St. o won't amount to anything against OSU d. This will be a tough test that they won't pass. A perfect example would be Detroit Green Bay of last year.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are out of your mind. OSU will stomp them. The public over values Penn because they are undefeated. They aren't that good. The Penn. St. o won't amount to anything against OSU d.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, OSU scored a whopping 7 pts on Offense at home against PSU last year. S-e-v-e-n. Impressive.

PSU beat a good Minn team and USF who only beat Louisville by 30+. OSU has beaten one half-decent team, Iowa, who got spanked by ISU.

Oh, and this is OSU's first road game of the year. But sure, they'll 'stomp' PSU. Uh-huh.

gl,

Naj
Old 10-07-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[quote/] bottom line, an overrated PSU team goes down in flames this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a penn state alum here...so not speaking from that angle....
how are they overrated? they are the lowest ranked undefeated team...

[/ QUOTE ]

They looked like [censored] against NW and barely pulled it together in the forth quarter.

Minn. was the only decent team they've played this year.

They might not be overrated, but they have yet to prove anything. People all over the country are jumping on the PSU bandwagon and they have yet to beat a good team.

However, they always play OSU tough and they looked great against Minn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how many good teams has OSU beaten? One. Iowa, who is no better than Minnesota. Slow your roll there killer. You might be in for a bit of a shock Saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow my roll? You should read all of my posts before responding. I am a die hard PSU fan having just graduated three months ago. I'll be rooting for them.

I never said OSU beat lots of good teams, I just said PSU has the tendecy to play fantastic or horrible.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If PSU's D comes out like it did against Northwestern they don't have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]An if they come out like they did against Min they have a pretty good chance to win.

I was at the game this past weekend and that stadium was crazy during the first quarter. It was shaking, rocking and you couldn't hear yourself think. That was without all of the students having all day to tailgate. It will be real loud in there.

I think that if OSU can come out early in this game they can win. If they go three and out on their first possession they could be in for a long night.

This game looks pretty even to me and with PSU getting 3 1/2 at home it should be +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you started to prove me wrong and ended up completely backing my feelings that this game is pretty even and it could go either way.

PSU +3 is a fair line. You couldn't pay me to bet on this game.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Penn State is the feel good story: St. Joepa finally back on top, etc. The line reflects this public sentiment. Hey, I love PSU (State College native), so I hope they win, but OSU -7 sounds like a much truer line.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:27 PM

As far as OSU scoring s-e-v-e-n against the nittany lions last year, don't forget the QB change and the complete turnaround the Buckeyes made last year on offense in the 2nd half of the season.

Also, It seemed to me that Ohio St turned around their playcalling against Iowa last game...ie just because Troy Smith is in the game doesn't mean that every run play has to be a qb draw.

Though I hate their alumni, their players, their arrogance, their beneficial treatment from the NCAA, their beneficial treatment from game officials, their coach, and 85% of what they represent, Ohio St is the pick this week.

Sincerely, a guy who thinks the national title in college football was forever cheapened by the Buckeyes nationals chump year in 2002.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as OSU scoring s-e-v-e-n against the nittany lions last year, don't forget the QB change and the complete turnaround the Buckeyes made last year on offense in the 2nd half of the season.

Also, It seemed to me that Ohio St turned around their playcalling against Iowa last game...ie just because Troy Smith is in the game doesn't mean that every run play has to be a qb draw.

Though I hate their alumni, their players, their arrogance, their beneficial treatment from the NCAA, their beneficial treatment from game officials, their coach, and 85% of what they represent, Ohio St is the pick this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they scored 10 on O v PSU but gave up 17, actually the INT should count as -3 for Troy Smith, nevertheless OSU is wildly overrated yet again this week by the public.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:36 PM

Your right on NajdorfDefense...I eat my words. Penn St. just blew up everything they tried and Ohio State missed on the very few opportunities provided.

At least, I can still celebrate that Ohio State lost.