Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Kid on a leash

[ QUOTE ]
Call your mother today. Ask her how [censored] easy it was to raise you.

This is a worthless argument and you're a worthless person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising kids is not easy, but anyone who has to put there kid on a leash(besides special needs kids) is a duechbag. I have 4 kids, and have taken them solo to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. This is with a 11,8,6,2 year old, and guess what no leash. How many kids do you have PoBoy? Thats what I thought.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That does it -- I'm stopping by Petco on my way home from work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw some pretty sweet steel chain leashes at PetSmart last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the choker collar.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what? I may just take this right to the next level and have one of those invisible fences installed around my property. Then get a shock collar for each of my kids. Then I could just throw them out in the yard and not even have to give them a second thought.

I'm thinking "Father of the Year"...
Old 09-30-2005, 03:50 PM

im all for it. bet it was a good chuckle
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That does it -- I'm stopping by Petco on my way home from work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw some pretty sweet steel chain leashes at PetSmart last night.

Don't forget the choker collar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend the "invisible fence". My kids wander more then 5 feet from me and ZAP!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Oops. JayLear beat me to it.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im all for it. bet it was a good chuckle

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it wasn't a chuckle at all. To me it's a sign of poor parenting and I could definitely see it having potential negative consequences to the child's development. I felt bad for the little guy, and if I ever found out that any friend of mine did this to their children I'd sit down and have a chat with them. Granted, who knows what the circumstances were. Perhaps the kid got lost in the mall just yesterday and the mom was simply being overprotective for a few weeks. But at face value, it was a sad sight.

Swede
Old 09-30-2005, 03:55 PM

What position are you in? 2 parent home with a comfortable income? Single parent who can barely get by? I don't know, and I would never criticize the choices that you make as a parent because you know the specifics of your situation and I don't. If I disagreed with the choices that you made as a parent, I would never criticize you for them because I would at least assume that you were making the decision in the best interest of your child.

Say the kid was hyperactive. Granted, the OP said that he didn't appear to be, but I don't think that 30 seconds in a coffee shop is enough time to judge. Now let's say that the woman wasn't just dragging the kid out to get coffee, but was taking him out with her because she had errands to do and couldn't find someone to watch him. Is it so ridiculous to say that maybe the woman realized that she needed a constant hold on the kid, otherwise he'd dart into traffic? And that given the fact that there were things she had to do with the child, it would be nearly impossible to do without the aid of a leash?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:55 PM

It is our God-given right to bitch about stupid things on an internet message board.

Those of us without kids were (probably) once kids themselves, and have a memory of the way they were brought up. My parents had two kids, my mom wasn't a single mom, but my dad worked nights and she was the only one around. I was never leashed. Leashes were for the dog.

I don't have kids, but my girlfriend of 10 years has three, and she has never leashed any of them, despite being a divorced working mom herself for much of her life. They are teenagers now, and none of them got killed because she didn't leash them.

I live in a working class town, in a working class neighborhood. I have never seen one of these kid-leashes yielded by a working-class person. It's always some self absorbed yuppie who doesn't seem to want to have to pay attention. They're usually on a cell phone, over-engrossed in natural foods section at the supermarket, or poring over paperwork during their 15th cup of coffee at the local Starbucks. And their kids grow up to be the same lonely, disattached type of person.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call your mother today. Ask her how [censored] easy it was to raise you.

This is a worthless argument and you're a worthless person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising kids is not easy, but anyone who has to put there kid on a leash(besides special needs kids) is a duechbag. I have 4 kids, and have taken them solo to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. This is with a 11,8,6,2 year old, and guess what no leash. How many kids do you have PoBoy? Thats what I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom was over protective (Im sure more than anyone who is a parent in this forum), and she was a good parent, and used one, whenever we went on vacation where there was a ton of people. I dont know, but I dont think my mom was a "dueche".
Old 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM

I never claimed to have children. Have I ever once said that I knew the best way to raise a kid? No, I haven't. I've said that I wouldn't criticize the way that other people raise theirs when you don't know the specifics of the child and the home environment and I think that you are all wrong for doing so.

I don't give a [censored] about the leash. If this post were about a mom giving a kid soda with breakfast, I'd say the same thing.