Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Guys who pop their collars...what\'s the deal with that?

from a female's point of view, i have to agree that 'pooping your collar' is extremely gay. Every time I see one of these guys out, I ask them if they know that their collar is up and to please put it down...also, please stop taking your twleve year old brother's shirts...they don't fit you and you look retarded. i don't want a guy who looks like a little boy
Old 09-30-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think keeping your collar up on a track jacket type thing is retarded?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

track jacket collars can go down?

(note: i don't actually own one)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, they dont really go down do they? And pea coats, I do pop my collar on those, because I only wear mine when its really cold.

[/ QUOTE ] i suppose i can see a point if it's cold and all, but i'm in florida. and at night, when there is no sun, I can't think of any good reason for guys needing to do this
Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM

they think they are all the sh*t but they really just are giant douches
Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM

i agree with skeme on this one. and i think we often disagree
Old 09-30-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It might also be a snobbish thing to do as this is probably the wealthiest university per capita in Canada...

[/ QUOTE ]

so does that mean you buy good ol american drinks like miller, coke, pepsi, jack, etc rather than drinking out of a toilet?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:19 AM

nice post with a bunch of fags/ fags that try too hard
Old 09-30-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think keeping your collar up on a track jacket type thing is retarded?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They CAN go down, but I've never worn mine that way. I don't own a peacoat so I can't say anything about that, but in my mind that looks kind of weird. Maybe it's fine though. The only other thing I leave my collar up on is another type of full zip up type jacket that's really more of a sweater. But yeah. While I would never pop my collar on a normal shirt or polo, I do on those other things. So whatever that's worth.

Also I think it's at least notable that everybody who pops their collar is never wearing a nice shirt, if only because it's supposed to make them look like a "balla". It's always some $50 button-up from AE or Gap or Macy's or something. Which are fine to wear obv, but make you look like a tool when combined with the collar popping. I've never seen anybody pop the collar on a Faconnable or Ike or whatever. Makes sense I guess.

GoT
Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[image]http://tinypic.com/51cap2[/image]

none of you look any less gay than any of these people.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you trying to prove with this post? You surely didn't help yourself.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They CAN go down, but I've never worn mine that way. I don't own a peacoat so I can't say anything about that, but in my mind that looks kind of weird. Maybe it's fine though. The only other thing I leave my collar up on is another type of full zip up type jacket that's really more of a sweater. But yeah. While I would never pop my collar on a normal shirt or polo, I do on those other things. So whatever that's worth.

Also I think it's at least notable that everybody who pops their collar is never wearing a nice shirt, if only because it's supposed to make them look like a "balla". It's always some $50 button-up from AE or Gap or Macy's or something. Which are fine to wear obv, but make you look like a tool when combined with the collar popping. I've never seen anybody pop the collar on a Faconnable or Ike or whatever. Makes sense I guess.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep those are pretty much my standards, if its a full zip up, I just leave the collar where it falls. And when its 20 and windy, those peacoats are a godsend.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i go to college, so naturally a lot of guys do it here. the fad has been dying out some, but there a few who still partake in this effeminate activity. why you ask? to attract other men, i dont know...

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your effort to insinuate that I'm gay as all solid OOT posts need that. However, having said that, I don't get your comment...so I want men b/c it annoys me that guys pop their collars? er All men are attracted to guys with popped collars, and therefore I wanna master it? Yeeep definitely don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it all right. He said the collar poppers want other men, not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohhh ya i'm awesome. sry man, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

who else hates the term "my bad"?