Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: I am seriously and sincerely impressed (no joke).

[ QUOTE ]
...I spent the last 2 days playing an entire career on Fifa 2005 while playing very little poker.

Could I have done this with a real job?

Ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

You call in sick. Duh.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: my shortest session ever

[ QUOTE ]
the funny thing is, in most corners of the world the majority would find themselves agreeing with mplspoker's rationale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. And the behavior of most people reveals that.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank you jim, well put. the antagonism needs to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

as do your posts. not once have you provided any interesting strategy or any willingness to LISTEN or UNDERSTAND what is being said.

your posts belong in OOT, however, they have a strict no poker content, so i think the trash is a better place for them.

Barron
Old 09-22-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a dick, but that was a pretty funny post nonetheless, TSP. BTW, you ready for some wagering yet, chief?

[/ QUOTE ]

if this gets hammered out it is known mike and i are willing to play. although i think it wont happen b/c TSP must know that even the worst playing fish in the world wouldn't be the first one out 9/10 times [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], nevermind dr. livepoker tommy. i think we'd fare better on an internet table since im sure we all give up reads that tommy doesn't. either way if it does happen i'll be there and im sure schneider will to.

Barron
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I spent the last 2 days playing an entire career on Fifa 2005 while playing very little poker.

Could I have done this with a real job?

Ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

You call in sick. Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. when i had a real job i called in sick so that my friend and i could solve the new Frogger game for Playstation.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM

The only running joke on 2+2 that is worse than TSP's constant ragging on Tommy is SIIHP. It's gotta be obvious by now that he only posts these posts to get a rise out of people. If he even let one Tommy post slide by without remark, it would lend a little credibility to his antagonism.

The joke has seriously run it's course though.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the funny thing is, in most corners of the world the majority would find themselves agreeing with mplspoker's rationale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. And the behavior of most people reveals that.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the world doesn't evaluate job quality on tangible things like money, moreso than they consider invisible factors like happiness and freedom? most people look beyond the surface of other people's lives when they judge how well that person is doing? ummm ok, i don't agree at all.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is telling it how it is though.... It's pathetic that this guy has been playing forever and doesn't make nearly as much as people who are 22 on here do.. and people are dumb enough to take his advice.. The point of poker as a profession is to make as much $$ as possible... The only thing i can come up with is that he must be a much better writer/teacher than he is a player...

[/ QUOTE ]

the point of any profession is to make as much money as possible. correct? so anyone who doesnt make a lot is a loser.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:30 PM

The answer to 99 out of 100 questions is Money. Pure and Simple. It's easy to talk about it not being a MAJOR DEAL or the MOST IMPORTANT thing in deciding a job, but it is. Anybody who has ever been seriously lacking $$ knows it sucks. Most of you on here are talking about freedom.... well the only real way to be free is to have enough money where you never have to do anything you don't want to do.. 99.5% aren't in a financial position where they can do whatever they want all the time...
Old 09-22-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the point of any profession is to make as much money as possible. correct? so anyone who doesnt make a lot is a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh....my....god....