Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: anyone see this? DN lays down KK preflop..

I think a guy like DN can lay down KK a lot easier than the rest of us mortals because he doesn't have to wait for big hands to build a chip stack.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a guy like DN can lay down KK a lot easier than the rest of us mortals because he doesn't have to wait for big hands to build a chip stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think DN's image as a loose action player actually makes it harder for him to lay down KK. The chance that his opponents are playing back at him for all their chips with borderline hands is a lot higher than if he were Dan Harrington.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think DN's image as a loose action player actually makes it harder for him to lay down KK. The chance that his opponents are playing back at him for all their chips with borderline hands is a lot higher than if he were Dan Harrington.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point but what I meant was this. DN had a read on the guy that he thought the guy probably had AA. Maybe I get into a situation where I make the same read. But because I play so many fewer hands and don't have the ability DN has to outplay people to accumulate chips, it's going to be a lot harder for me to lay it down.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM

No but you get to live another day and have a chance to build yourself up. Later same day I saw Barry Greenstein go down from 150K to a little over 15K on a bad beat just to build himself up again to over 150K and make it to the money with a real shot for final table. So, your comment doesnt make much sense as far as tournament strategy goes