Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here find Guiness.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i tried it for the first time last night

[/ QUOTE ]

That right there is your problem. It's rare that a person likes Guiness on their first tasting. It's one of those beers you'll just come to appreciate in time. Don't give up on it though. I didn't like it the first time I had it either, but now it's a staple of my beer drinking diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got violently ill the first time I had Guiness...I had way too many, though, and at the time I found them to be quite tasty. I was at an Irish Pub too, which added to the experience.

However, getting sick on it that first time has conditioned my body to reject it from then on. I can't even smell it now without my stomach turning.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:06 PM

There's probably plenty of Irish in Ireland drinking Bud and thinking how good it is.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's probably plenty of Irish in Ireland drinking Bud and thinking how good it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be mistaken.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same as the jackass getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time Guiness snob. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i see your point. ive never had a guinness in the states that was any good, and its ridiculous when a bunch of people are drinking guinness at a bar talking about how awesome it is when im drinking it and its nothing like the real thing, and i know theyre bullshitting. i guess im overreacting a bit to a couple of induvidual cases, but its a big pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate going to a chinese restaurant and hearing about how good the food is there. holy [censored], don't they know that it's so much better in china. they're [censored] morans. total posers. always frontin about how much they like chinese food, when damn, it's not even real.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time @sshole . [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey my first FYP
Old 09-19-2005, 09:23 PM

guiness is the dank
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Heineken man myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

heineken is the most over-rated beer ever, not worth the price, guiness is the pure dankness
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i see your point. ive never had a guinness in the states that was any good, and its ridiculous when a bunch of people are drinking guinness at a bar talking about how awesome it is when im drinking it and its nothing like the real thing, and i know theyre bullshitting. i guess im overreacting a bit to a couple of induvidual cases, but its a big pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate going to a chinese restaurant and hearing about how good the food is there. holy [censored], don't they know that it's so much better in china. they're [censored] morans. total posers. always frontin about how much they like chinese food, when damn, it's not even real.

[/ QUOTE ]

apples do not equal oranges
Old 09-19-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same as the jackass getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time Guiness snob. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be somewhat of a Guinness snob. Though I'm not a general beer snob at all. This is a very specific complaint. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]