Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: What\'s the dumbest thing you have ever done that involves injury?

There's a simple elegance to "Radiator Face" I think...

Though if his name was Ray that would work out well, which reminds me. On my floor, we have a mail room delivery guy who has downs syndrome. His name is Timmy Downs.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:53 PM

College, old bulletin board, approx 18" frame, half-inch wood. Punched out the cardboard, then made a bet with my blackbelt roommate that I could severe the frame in half (cutting two egdes) with one chop. Roommate thought it was even money given the distance and a downward chop. Bet was on, enlisted second roommate to hold the other side of the frame.

Turns out the frame was reinforced with steel. Doh. Hell of a dent though. Sheared the end of the radius on my dominant hand. To this day it hurts when the barometer drops or I write too much.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM

i should sell these to vonage for their commercials...
Old 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM

I was about ten. Me and my step brother were out riding our bicycles, on these small back roads. I decide to off-road it, and headed straight down into a ditch pretty fast. The grass growing was long enough that I didn't see the large rock that was blocking my path. I ride right into said rock, fly over the handlebars back onto the road. Dislocate my jaw and tear up my cheek, requiring fifteen stitches. Good going.

Swede
Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was about ten. Me and my step brother were out riding our bicycles, on these small back roads. I decide to off-road it, and headed straight down into a ditch pretty fast. The grass growing was long enough that I didn't see the large rock that was blocking my path. I ride right into said rock, fly over the handlebars back onto the road. Dislocate my jaw and tear up my cheek, requiring fifteen stitches. Good going.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to start grading these. swede, i give you a B-. would have been higher if you would have done this on concrete. no broke bones either.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:09 PM

Rode a 10-speed with no brakes down Montebello Road. Picked gravel out of my arm for 3 days.

nuff said.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rode a 10-speed with no brakes down Montebello Road. Picked gravel out of my arm for 3 days.

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

C- like swede, only much less worse
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Spring of my junior year in high school, right around the start of spring football practice. I was chattin' up The Girl With the Rack while negotiating a set of cafeteria stairs, and somehow managed to walk off the side. Fell, threw a leg out to catch myself - agony. Planted the other leg - agony. I'd found a way to pull the holy hell out of both sets of quadriceps muscles.

I sheepishly went and told the head coach about it, and his verdict was to "practice through it." Enter three months of agony. Re-injured myself practically every day. Fridays were the best, being the longest possible time before more practice; I spent most weekends laying on the couch, icing my legs. Needless to say I did not test out well that spring, and lost all hope of playing time. I still have scar tissue in my thigh muscles that occasionally comes loose and hurts like a mu'ahfugga. And I never scored with that girl. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 02:17 PM

when i was 5 i thought i could jump a curb on my little huffy. when i hit the curb i happened to be going at a fast enough speed that i flew over the handlebars. there was a lot of blood involved.

edit: also just remembered around the same age i was trying to jump down the stairs, hit only half a stair on one and fell the rest of the way down the stairs and happened to crash my head into a glass vase at the bottom of the stairs, breaking said vase and requiring stitches in my head.

thinking about this i must have really freaked my parents out when i was 5 and i'm not quite sure how i ever made it to 6.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it hurts when the barometer drops

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Funny how nobody pays attention to the barometric pressure until it causes them pain.