Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Female/date advice (high content)

Keeping my post at the top of the list! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am probably the most insensitive poster here, and this is what I think:

1- Don't lie, ever, when you lie it only serves to slit your own throat. The truth always comes out. How would you explain all the card player mags stuffed in you sofa seat?

2- In Vegas, you had to have seen about 10 million different women. My conclusion: there is no such thing as a soul mate. Finding a woman or man is like finding a car. You will never find the perfect one, just one that is close enough. Believe me, I have met plenty of woman I could have fell in love with, if I decided to.

3- You are who you are, and if the people you know cannot accept it, well... that's their problem. You have no right to tell anyone how to live their life, and you should expect the same treatment back to you.

And that's that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct advice.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:02 PM

I don't know the girl, but I think you're overdoing it for a first date, especially if this girl is a perfect 10, or close to a perfect 10. Convincing yourself you don't want to make any moves on this girl and try to sleep with her the first night is a pretty good move (ala The Tao of Steve). When executed properly, this strategy usually leads to sex within 72 hours.

The date you have planned may be a great idea for a first date in a romantic movie, but this isn't the movies -- it's real life. I think this date idea is a bit much, when you haven't even kissed this girl.

Personally, I would never plan a date this romantic with a girl I haven't slept with. This is something you should be doing after a girl is sharing her bed with you. You don't want to blow your whole wad on a first date -- any girl with high self-esteem and common sense is going to see right through it. I would first try meeting her for drinks some night, or lunch. Then just work your magic to make her horny and attracted to you.

Btw, you have your work cut out for you. When first interacting with 3 girls who are best friends, it's alright to ignore one and flirt with the other 2, and then make your move on the one you really want at the end of the night. But dude, you dissed this girl and hit one of her friends, and then bypassed her a second time and hit the other one. No girl is going to forget being bypassed once, let alone twice.

gl
Old 09-21-2005, 10:38 PM

Man, all I need now is David or Mason to comment.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 PM

OK , first off, the problem here is that it seems you feel somewhat guilty about playing poker, as though people won't accept you for it. If you know that poker is a legitimate thing and a good thing that you enjoy and makes you money, then you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. Tell the girl the truth, if she cares, she isn't the great girl you think she is.

IMO, a quality woman is one who can accept all that stuff. The bottom line here is you have to do what makes you happy, and if you care, what makes others happy too. Don't be with this girl to fill some void in your own self esteem(not saying you have any void just making a general point [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). If you have a sex drive and want to bang chicks, fine. If you want to have a connection with some girl or girls, and have great sex too, thats fine too. Just figure out what you want, and realize that this individual girl isn't what you want. Its a connection with a quality woman/people that you want. If being yourself, truly yourself without the insecurities and the neediness, knowing truly what you want and seeking it, isn't enough for this woman, then don't worry about her.

So, now for action. Be yourself. Lot of people say that but really don't know what they mean when they say it. Be who you are without shame or guilt. You desires are your desires. Just hang out with this girl, have a good time, form a connection (rapport).

As for the "date", don't do it to try to impress this chick or anything. Thats all neediness. If a typical good time for you or anyone is to go to the capital grill and buy them dinner, then do that. But just hang out with this girl and connect. Don't be so verbally sexual, since most girls have a lot social programming against sex(although really they love it). But keep a sexual vibe with all non-verbal communication. Let it build gradually. Oh, and when I was talking about connection, don't ask questions or bolster yourself, just talk to her like you talk to a good friend.

Anyway, take this advice for what its worth. Its not my own, its from people I know who know this stuff well. I'm a virgin so its not from personal experience. Anyway, good luck with life and don't worry too much about this stuff. Its supposed to be enjoyable and make you happy.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, take this advice for what its worth. Its not my own, its from people I know who know this stuff well. I'm a virgin so its not from personal experience. Anyway, good luck with life and don't worry too much about this stuff. Its supposed to be enjoyable and make you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The advice was good, but this paragraph made me feel as if I had just read four paragraphs of poker advice from my mother.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM

You son of a bitch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. No , I know, I just don't want to be claiming advice as my own when its not. I didn't want to give the false impression that I am some master of women when I'm not. I've spent the last year, besides studying poker, learning as much as I can about human relations, including women. I think its about time I go out and take some action... Perhaps I will this weekend and I'll chronicle it in OOT.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:31 AM

Word.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:14 PM

Update? When is this date?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 PM

I'm a chick, but I'm also posting on a website about poker. You can decide if that makes my opinion more or less valuable.

Tell the truth. Especially if you want a second date. What, after a month you're gonna say,"oh, by the way, I actually don't do X, I play poker." Very bad. I would also like to add I would respect someone making $$ playing poker for a living a lot more than someone living off student loans. At least they're DOING something.

BTW, if you haven't had a first date yet, I would go casual. Save the classy for the third date (but don't try and to get into her pants the first time you pay for an expensive dinner).

gl