Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: A party Rep contacted me recently to find out why...

[ QUOTE ]
Party doesn't need to be told that high-volume players have moved to the skins because of rakeback. They already know from this forum, the rakeback forums, their customer account records, IGM-Pay, etc. I'm sure they know much more about this than we do.

If I get a call:

1. I will complain pointedly about the recent rake increase.

2. Emphasize that I am playing more on other networks where the cost to play is lower.

Don't make this Party versus the skins. That will just cause them to attack the skins. Make them understand that when they stomp out rakeback a big piece of their business will go away completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was there a need to continue this thread after this post?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:22 PM

They could create a unlimited bonus which would basically nullify MGR.

This wouldn't break any contract, but would sure piss the affiliates off.

For example, rake of 1.00 in a 10 handed game they would reward say 1 points which would be worth $0.025, (the equivalent of 25% rakeback)

Old 09-16-2005, 02:50 PM

from my understanding, party gets 35% of rake generated on skins

wouldnt it make sense for them to offer players 20-30% depending on volume and get 70-80% of rake instead of 35%?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it is up to Party whether they want 70-75% of our rake or zero by us leaving all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right! Like that is gonna happen! I thought you didn't play there in the first place?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't tell the Party rep that I left them for rakeback on another skin. Perhaps nothing would happen but it would truly suck to have Party put pressure on my skin and screw me/my affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.
even suggesting that this guy should have told the party rep that is idiotic.

If you want to tell Party "Hi....I play at Empire because I get rake-back there. This is why I don't play at your site" then you can feel free to send them an e-mail at ANY time you want.

just because THEY contacted you instead of the other way around doesn't mean the rules have suddenly changed.

Telling party that you are getting rake-back AGAINST their rules from the affiliate that signed you up is a bad idea either way.

This whole talk about instituing a cash-back program for their high-volume players is hopefully promising though.

They have said similar things about stuff they never quite got around to before and their PR people are REALLY good at making you think they are moving forward.
But perhaps they really ARE going to do this in the not-so-distant future and it's not just talk.

Also - haven't read the whole thread...but I'm assuming that someone has probably observed that it's likely no coincidence that they are trying to find out why their customers are leaving RIGHT AFTER that whole situation with their 1st Q earnings dropping a big chunk of the their stock price.

Again - I have my doubts that they'll do anything...but I do have a hint of optimism that they really WILL take some steps forward and improve some things (particularly for high-volume players)
Old 09-16-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't tell the Party rep that I left them for rakeback on another skin. Perhaps nothing would happen but it would truly suck to have Party put pressure on my skin and screw me/my affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you guys should do. You should lie. Lying is always better.

If they ask, just tell em the goddamn truth.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3.8 Player Information. By opening an Account at the Website, Players will be subject to all of our rules, policies and operating procedures that govern their activity at the Website. We reserve the right to refuse service to any potential Player and to close the Account of any Player, at any time, in our sole discretion. All data relating to the Players will remain our sole and exclusive property and you acquire no right to such information, except as expressly stated herein. A player may at any time choose to be untracked from the affiliate id.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not taken from Partys affiliate agreement and didnt bother to look for it either, but taken from a skin, so might be similar. just imagine ... "they called me and asked"... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole talk about instituing a cash-back program for their high-volume players is hopefully promising though.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes it is but they are going to have to do alot better than 15% when many hardcore players are getting low 30%'s in rakeback.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:44 AM

Agreed. It is also very difficult to justify to the fish that professional players get some sort of incentive to play there. Regardless, I don't ever see Party giving back more than 10% anyway.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you guys should do. You should lie. Lying is always better.

If they ask, just tell em the goddamn truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Unless everyone working at Partypoker has an IQ below 50 it should be obvious to them anyway. We aren't talking rocket science here.