Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: And i\'m back to whine again. Played with me? extra time? help pls.

[ QUOTE ]
More than 1 table and it becomes work. And in my head it is inefficient work if i'm not making as many decisions as I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, but you need to start appreciating the value of watching what others do in hands you're not involved in, and using that information to your advantage. For instance, I am extremely interested in what donkbets tend to mean by my opponents. Especially at the lower limits, where they don't mix up their play, donkbets mean "Strong Hand!" ~100% of the time for some players, and "Weak Hand/Semibluff" ~100% of the time for other players. This is crucial information, and you should be looking to pick it up ASAP, whether you're in the hand with these guys or not.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:51 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its because I quite simply get bored. I went 4 months making non stop decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
which
[ QUOTE ]
Required almost no thought, I could watch tv, and very few swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not learning poker, it's maximizing short-term income. You can't pay attention to hands you aren't in and learn the changes you have to make your game. And you haven't.

2 tabling is boring. You have to wait for the next hand and pay attention to what the other players are doing. Over time, you pick up what their (alleged) thought patterns are and can extrapolate that to other players/situations with similar stats when you multi-table.

If you can't beat this game, you need to consider short term boring 2-tabling for your ongoing improvement as a player. It's the same in any job.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM

I didnt have the option to sacrifice income to play learning poker. I was breaking into real estate investment and had bought 2 fix-up houses. It cost money to fix them up. I was making very good money playing "short-term income" poker. And now that those are all done and rented out, I can leave my comfort zone and try to up my skill.

But I still cannot break the mindset that i've established. 4 months...or about 600 hours of 12 tabling and autopiloting doesnt exactly make it easy to go down to 2. I did have a pretty long break between my move from full handed to 6max. 2ish weeks. Which is probably what allowed me to go straight from a 13/7 tightie to a 20/15 right off the bat.

I dont know...would another 2 week vacation and then coming back to 2 tables be enough to reprogram myself? I've got plenty of money stacked up right now, so it wouldnt be a financial problem at all. I would feel guilty basically tossing away 3k worth of rakeback (assuming breakeven play), but if it really would be enough to bring me into a stronger game, I'd do it.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its because I quite simply get bored. I went 4 months making non stop decisions. 2 tables seems EXTREMELY slow to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds like you aren't thinking enough.