Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Jason and I trid to get tickets yesterday for the LA show and it is sold out. There go my plans.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:55 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saw them last night in a little dive bar. They were great, though they didn't play my favorite of their songs.

Half of the crowd spilled out after they were finished and missed a phenomenal performance by The National. If you're going to see this show, don't make the same mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you perhaps do any drunk dining afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, you already know. This is the proper post-concert food, preferably the French Onion variety.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jason and I trid to get tickets yesterday for the LA show and it is sold out. There go my plans.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys suck. I have tickets. And I'm not going to pull a Dave and actually f[/i]ucking leave before The National comes on. The National are the reason I bought the tickets back in July. CYHSY is a bonus.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:18 AM

just got back from their show 10 minutes ago. thanks for the post about their show sfer or i would have never gone.

actually when you posted about them i had never heard their music just knew of them. figured for $10 why not try it and i saw they were selling out shows so i knew i didnt have the luxury to listen first and then decide if i wanted to go. i have been listening to their album ALOT the last month. the austin show sold out a week ago and there were the usual beggars looking for tickets outside the show.

anyway about the show. they were really good. only played for about 40 minutes but played most of their album and did it well. only missing song which i believe you grumbled about also was "gimme some salt."

they played a couple songs which i could have done w/out which werent on their album so i wish they would have done salt in their place. one was a really silly one in the vein of the dead milkmen where the whole band just yelled "satan" throughout and the other was a song the band didnt know well enough and had to read while playing and messed up several times.

but other album songs were great. the skin of my yellow teeth was probably the best. the crowd was extra loud for that one.

and i had a great spot. about 7 feet back dead center. i took a picture of shant w/ my cell phone but it didnt turn out too well.

and when clap was over i left. was planning on staying for the nationals but clap started later than i thought they would and bwana's got to work tomorrow...and i just havent been digging the nationals too much. sorry private joker.

bwana