Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: The tyranny of the majority (long)

[ QUOTE ]

i will. sure do hope they call with 10 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]

just automatically assume they call with a whole bunch of crap. cant go too wrong that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I beg to differ. Sounds like a one-way trip to 4th place to me.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Raptor is talking about unexploitable play I believe.

So it really doesn't matter what your opponent does.

That's why it's unexploitable.

However, sure, if you can get good reads as well then you're just going to profit even more.

Yugoslav
Old 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]

just automatically assume they call with a whole bunch of crap. cant go too wrong that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. must i break this down further.. ok look, if the people are calling shoves with stuff like T7.. then OBVIOUSLY you are not going to be shoving to merely steal his blinds. you will obviously need to adjust. im pretty sure i could fall in love with someone that calls a shove in that spot with 10 high. do YOU see why?

as far as assuming they call with a whole bunch of crap, you seem to forget its STILL Correct to also in turn SHOVE with a whole bunch of crap. hence the 'unexploitable' strategy yugo refers to. hope that helps. holla
Old 09-08-2005, 11:24 AM

if u assume they will be loose/maniacs when they are playing tight, then u are passing up a WHOLE bunch of +ev

it may be worth it to maximize $/hour via multitabling, but to maximize ev and roi, u'd want to analyze your opps and not just assume they are maniacs
Old 09-08-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if u assume they will be loose/maniacs when they are playing tight, then u are passing up a WHOLE bunch of +ev

it may be worth it to maximize $/hour via multitabling, but to maximize ev and roi, u'd want to analyze your opps and not just assume they are maniacs

[/ QUOTE ]

god. ok. everything im saying is being blown way out of proportion. basically what im trying to say is in that spot you shouldnt be shoving 23. you should be shoving EVERY hand thats better than 45% against any 2. every hand. and then some more. however, dont get pissed when they call with Q3. you know you made the right play. rawr.

as far as assuming they are maniacs.. you must not have played many 215s.. holla
Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. must i break this down further.. ok look, if the people are calling shoves with stuff like T7.. then OBVIOUSLY you are not going to be shoving to merely steal his blinds. you will obviously need to adjust. im pretty sure i could fall in love with someone that calls a shove in that spot with 10 high. do YOU see why?

as far as assuming they call with a whole bunch of crap, you seem to forget its STILL Correct to also in turn SHOVE with a whole bunch of crap. hence the 'unexploitable' strategy yugo refers to. hope that helps. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Understood. I'm saying this is a lousy situation to be in, not that it isn't correct to shove. And sure, I can see how, in this situation, you'd like someone to call with trash. But I'd much rather be at a table where folks only call with aa-qq, AK.

I suspect we're actually on the same page, here. Holla.