Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Smoke Screening The LIE

[ QUOTE ]
So Bush was negligent in his response to the anarchy, and we can all agree that he should probably be charged with homicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. It's highly probable that the president's lack of action constitutes criminal negligence. And, although the president didn't directly murder those people in New Orleans, many of them died just as suredly as if the president pointed a gun at them and pulled the trigger.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's highly probable that the president's lack of action constitutes criminal negligence.

[/ QUOTE ]
You couldn't be much more wrong...

[ QUOTE ]
And, although the president didn't directly murder those people in New Orleans, many of them died just as suredly as if the president pointed a gun at them and pulled the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't remember where in the oath swearing ceremony or the Constitution it says the President will prevent all people from dying from Category 4 hurricanes...

It is this kind of attitude that is losing liberals election after election...
Old 09-04-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't remember where in the oath swearing ceremony or the Constitution it says the President will prevent all people from dying from Category 4 hurricanes...

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a duty to act to save American lives after the hurricane is over.

[ QUOTE ]
It is this kind of attitude that is losing US Citizens lives needlessly week after week...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-04-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: New Orleans

[ QUOTE ]
But I see a lot of posts about how there isn't enough aid/help going to the area.

Is there any credible information on this. Like can I find a report saying something like there is food on a truck somewhere and its not being sent for some reason.

All I see is hearsay and conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are looking for. Every news outlet has been reporting for days that there are thousands of people without basic necessities in New Orleans. I hope that is not what you are referring to as hearsay and conjecture. Further, it's not like there is a shortage of food and water anywhere else in the country. Ergo --> There is not enough aid/help going to the area.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually there are agencies in place that have this duty. I suppose it's the President's fault that people are dying of cancer from tobacco, too because he could be out there yanking the cigs from their lips.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the liberal response that Big Government step in first and foremost and solve all of our problems...
Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually there are agencies in place that have this duty. I suppose it's the President's fault that people are dying of cancer from tobacco, too because he could be out there yanking the cigs from their lips.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the liberal response that Big Government step in first and foremost and solve all of our problems...

[/ QUOTE ]

When the President runs his re-election campaign on 'Keeping America Safe', dumps $375B into FEMA/Homeland Security to revamp it and tells us it is the best it could be I'd say he owes us something.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:37 AM

Which part of this campaign involved the President promising that federal involvement will overrule state and local governments with no respect for federalism whatsoever? Sure FEMA exists to help with relief efforts, but they are not the first responders. Now people expect them to fullfill a role that they're not supposed to fullfill and do so within an unreasonable time frame under extreme conditions. And then people are shocked and angry when FEMA can't fill out this role 100%.

I really don't get it. It might be part frustration that there are people suffering and/or part of a blame-Bush-first mentality. But you people need to come to grips with the reality that the federal gov't is not geared to work this way and getting upset when it fails to do a role it's not suited for does nothing. It may make it worse, as it will most likely fray what's left of the people involved's nerves and lead to bad decisions.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which part of this campaign involved the President promising that federal involvement will overrule state and local governments with no respect for federalism whatsoever?

[/ QUOTE ]

How concerned were you about federalism when the Supreme Court overruled Florida's voters and appointed Bush as president in 2000?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How concerned were you about federalism when the Supreme Court overruled Florida's voters and appointed Bush as president in 2000?

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel SCOTUS acted within its powers in making a decision regarding a federal election when the State Supreme Court was obviously not following the law. But let's not hijack this thread into a discussion of the 2000 election.

My question still hasn't been answered . Why should the federal government quash any and all authority that the local and state government have been granted by their voters?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: New Orleans

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been following the NO crisis too closely. But I see a lot of posts about how there isn't enough aid/help going to the area.

Is there any credible information on this. Like can I find a report saying something like there is food on a truck somewhere and its not being sent for some reason.

All I see is hearsay and conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post