Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: New Poker Tracker Autorater Rules

[ QUOTE ]
One thing i noticed is the PFR# is 8%. I rarely see many players beside maniacs above 8%. Very few players are above this # in my experience

[/ QUOTE ]

I crush 2/4 and run a 15% PFR. For a long time I was at around 10%. I just love you 15/8 guys.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:29 AM

Thanks for your thoughtful essay, Harv.

[ QUOTE ]
When rating, I'm getting players with No rules met, setting icon back to default quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too in some cases. Will changing priorities affect that, or does priority only cause an icon to go to the wrong one if not set correctly?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 AM

Is there something we can download that will set this up for us or is manually the only way right now??
Old 09-17-2005, 01:31 AM

It would be great if there were a place for Harv to post the file so that people could download it.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:00 PM

I thought i would bump this thread as it kicks ass [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The autorate rules are great, i never really considered won $ at Showdown to be that important (always looked at post flop aggression instead) but it actually seems to make a lot more sense when rating players.

Thanks Harv72b!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:41 PM

Isn't it true that a player's W$SD converges very slowly to its true value?

This would make using this stat dangerous for basing any decisions until you have a large number of hands catalogued, by which time you should already have better reads....
Old 09-23-2005, 07:52 PM

That may be true, but im doing quite a bit of datamining so sample size may not that much of a problem.

Still the point i was making was that this post has illuminated the true value of W$SD to me...even if i end up staying with Bison's rules
Old 09-23-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be great if there were a place for Harv to post the file so that people could download it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone with web space wants to export it & post it up, that would be great. I've given up trying to email everyone the .txt file--just too many requests. I hope that those of you who I didn't answer understand.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing i noticed is the PFR# is 8%. I rarely see many players beside maniacs above 8%. Very few players are above this # in my experience

[/ QUOTE ]

I crush 2/4 and run a 15% PFR. For a long time I was at around 10%. I just love you 15/8 guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I love you 25/15 guys. Guess that's where the aggression factor starts to matter.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:09 PM

I did a quick exercise and manually added the rules in Pockertracker and then exported them to a TXT file. I put them up here:
http://t.clant2k.com/Harv72b_rules.txt

I didn't get them directly from Harv72b and therefore if you notice a mistake please let me know and I will re-upload the correct version. I didn't see a postflop aggression option in pockertracer, so I chose what I could find in -- Aggression Factor - <b>Total</b> is greater than 1.50.