Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: My friend, rehab, and insanity

Yeah, better quit smokin the reefer or else you'll catch schizophrenia too. [censored] druggies.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny but this only happens to all you [censored] druggies out there.

I've never had to deal with any of this because I am not an idiot doing every substance available and then wondering how the problems lured around the corner.

You do coke, you smoke weed, you start tripping and you'll end up with a bad trip, an overdose etc.

Maybe you'll end up fine and you'll look back on it as educational, but most fail to realize that they played with fire and just didn't get burned.

It doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid and unacceptable.

Oh well, good luck to your friend... Actually I don't really feel sorry for druggies at all, they brought it upon themselves and can kiss my ass when [censored] hits the fan.

Just like smokers with cancer/lung disease. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a drug user, and kind of agree with much of the sentiment here, but this post is so full of idiotic statements that I hate to admit it.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny but this only happens to all you [censored] druggies out there.

I've never had to deal with any of this because I am not an idiot doing every substance available and then wondering how the problems lured around the corner.

You do coke, you smoke weed, you start tripping and you'll end up with a bad trip, an overdose etc.

Maybe you'll end up fine and you'll look back on it as educational, but most fail to realize that they played with fire and just didn't get burned.

It doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid and unacceptable.

Oh well, good luck to your friend... Actually I don't really feel sorry for druggies at all, they brought it upon themselves and can kiss my ass when [censored] hits the fan.

Just like smokers with cancer/lung disease. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a drug user, and kind of agree with much of the sentiment here, but this post is so full of idiotic statements that I hate to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with most of the sentiments, but the idea thaast using drugs once will kill you is stupid. i havent touched a drug in a long time, so its not like im in denial about my problems. theres some awful thinking in that posts, but its sort of int the right direction.

i heard in the commericals if you smoke pot once, youll end up shorting your best friend by accident?? and it all funds al queda? or... was that total bullshit.

ps- first oot drunk pots!

pps- the girl we refer to as my hooker threw me out at the plate tonight. im confused.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ps- first oot drunk pots!

pps- the girl we refer to as my hooker threw me out at the plate tonight. im confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice drunk post! My night is sucking too for similar reasons, although it's only 2am so I'm hoping it may still improve. And I'm on beer #5.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:32 AM

we staged an intervention for a friend of mine as well. everything went great and he is doing well now.

but i think you are supposed to cut off contact with the individual if he does not go along with the intervention.

its tough to do something like that, but apparently that's how those things are supposed to be handled. not sure of the full psychology behind it, im sure if i gave it some thought i could rationalize some reasons, but as i said, its tough and maybe you should go along with it.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we staged an intervention for a friend of mine as well. everything went great and he is doing well now.

but i think you are supposed to cut off contact with the individual if he does not go along with the intervention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've held several interventions for stupid people. I just get where I can't take it anymore. I confront them on it, and call them stupid. Then I sever ties until they stop being stupid. So far it hasn't worked with any of them.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 AM

A number of my family members are bi polar, one of my best friends from highschool is schizophrenic. It sounds to me more like a manic episode (so bi-polar disorder) than schizophrenia. From my experience, bi-polarity can be dealt with pretty well; schizophrenia not so much.

If he starts hearing voices or seeing things that aren't there, rather than simply being grandiose and manic, I'd be much more worried.

Whatever the case, denial will not solve this problem and might very well exacerbate it. Your friend needs a professional diagnoses, and in the meantime needs to be prevented from harming himself and others.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:13 AM

Just to clarify:

"All of this" refers to serious issues as a result of drugs.

Do all schizos = previous drug users?

No.

Do a lot of problems arise as a result of dumb-ass drug abuse?

Do I really have to answer this? Break it down for you?

The best you came up was, was trolling in regards to the vagueness of my statements. I am sure you can come up with another response full of "oh so you think blah blah balh".

No I am not a nazi and I don't think smoking pot once is going to mess you up. I don't think snorting coke a few times a year is going to do any serious damage.

Explain this to me: how the HELL, does one become a cocaine addict like that poor soul posting anonymously on these boards how he's addicted and can't help himself?

Do you ever think MAYBE they start by saying "I'll only do it once", combined with "one time can't hurt" and "I got enough self control".

It's the same argument for all you irrational morons. Who don't wear seatbelts, who do drugs, who smoke, who drink excessively and list goes on.

That's all I am saying.

It's a lot easier to prevent drug abuse by not tempting yourself to try it in the first place. Do your odds, you're poker players. Say there is a 1% chance of become addicted to cocaine as a result of trying. Are you willing to take that chance?

Evidently, a lot of people say yes. That's because they're idiots and they satisfy themselves saying "oh I am among the 99% who didn't get addicted and [censored] up". Very cute, I hope they remain that way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am off my soapbox now.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:50 AM

this is long...its late and i dont feel so well...so im postin this to remind me to read all of this in the morning...
Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you're gettin a dell!

[/ QUOTE ]

this one had me laughing pretty hard. very nice.