Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Bush dictatorship wins. Constitution is dead.

[ QUOTE ]
All I asked was if you really believe that the CIA and the Bush family helped carry out 9/11... atleast back up your statements with you actual belief's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, along with the Mossad.

And for the rest of you; My "rant" is based on the history of other countries and what they did to their citizens freedom. The Patriot Act and the martial law preparations should be enough handwriting on the wall for those of you who are smart enough to calculate outs and pot odds...

If I had said 5 years ago that their would be legislation coming in a year and described it as what has come to be known as the Patriot Act, you would have called me a conspiracy buff.

But we do have it and now we are having martial law discussed casually by the government like it's just another day at the office--and nobody cares...
Old 08-30-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah...so I guess, by your logic...we shouldn't follow the Constitution since it wasn't written in our time. There's no way that something two hundred years old could still be relevant, could it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The constitution stopped being relavent a long time ago, we just pretend it still is becuase it makes us feel better.

Stu
Old 08-30-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We went from surpluses to unprecidented deficits because those in control of this country insist on raising spending while cutting taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the main reason the surpluses ended is the economy, which started its descent from the bubble peak in Clinton's term. Fortunately, Bush's economic management has stopped the Clinton economic decline and the economy is growing again.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I draw the line at insulting George Bush Sr. IQ... for god-sakes... you don't become 3 in command of the CIA by being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

---George Bush Sr. (President of the United States)

there is a ton more where that came from.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 PM

By the way...GWB used to be pretty damn articulate. Ignore the aims of this website, just look at the comparison between GWB a few years ago and now. Pretty amazing.

link
Old 08-30-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW... I don't care if the government puts a camera in my Bathroom... I'm not doing anything illegal, I don't do anything intersting in my Bathroom, and on the off chance it makes some American I've never met a little bit safer... who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know that if a 1984-ish society were to ever come around there would be ppl willing to accept it with open arms.

This has nothing to do w/ Bush, terrorism etc...but doesnt that statement of yours seem a little absurd? Its sounds like: "Hey if Big Brother said it would make this country safer putting cameras and viewscreens in my home, why the hell not. In fact why argue? Its helping us"
Old 08-30-2005, 09:18 PM

Tek, you look pretty lonely buddy. Just to let everyone know (like anybody cares), I completely agree with everything Tek is saying. Keep in mind, I used to like Bush... but two years ago I just started doing a lot of reading and I came to the obvious conclusion - the same conclusion that Tek is trying to tell you guys.

Keep this in mind: is Tek trying to win an argument? Or is he trying to warn you people for your own good? The act of warning people about what's happening with our nation takes a big chunk of time out of my daily activities. It's not something I like to do. Angry resistance is about all that we're usually met with. Just consider what we're doing even if you don't believe us; we're trying to help everybody, republican and democratic, liberal and conservative, Christian and Atheist; but most of all, American. So have some respect at least.

Our current state is exactly what our forefathers didn't want and exactly what they warned against. Our current state is described perfectly in the book 1984. I recommend YOU read it. Yes, YOU. Just don't be ignorant and choose not to give our truth a chance. Investigate it for yourself.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize laws are reviewed by the supreme court and they decide if its unconstitutional or notm sofar this one has stood.

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard it here first, folks: "FishHooks" breaks with his fellow right-wing radicals and endorses Marbury v. Madison.

q/q
Old 08-30-2005, 11:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
All I asked was if you really believe that the CIA and the Bush family helped carry out 9/11... atleast back up your statements with you actual belief's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, along with the Mossad.

And for the rest of you; My "rant" is based on the history of other countries and what they did to their citizens freedom. The Patriot Act and the martial law preparations should be enough handwriting on the wall for those of you who are smart enough to calculate outs and pot odds...

If I had said 5 years ago that their would be legislation coming in a year and described it as what has come to be known as the Patriot Act, you would have called me a conspiracy buff.

But we do have it and now we are having martial law discussed casually by the government like it's just another day at the office--and nobody cares...

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you also claim that a major city would suffer a terrorist attack planned by Bush and company before the 2004 election?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM

“You also aren't familiar with Hegelian Dialectic”- Tek

“The stage of Geist reveals the consciousness no longer as critical and antagonistic but as the indwelling spirit of a community, as no longer isolated from its surroundings but the union of the single and real consciousness with the vital feeling that animates the community”- Hegel

Mmmm nothing says “properly backed up argument” like throwing out an idea used by Marx to explain the eventual total victory of communism that was thought up by a man who believed in a “Welt(sp?) Geist” (yes... a World Mind). Dude, even the Borg in Star Trek aren’t that fully lame. #B@D

You should say something next time like "obviously you havent heard that whales will dominate the planet in the future [link provided]" or "obviously you havent heard that the world will end in 2025 [link provided]"... find the proper links and right there are your next well thought out counter points... in the mean time though you can call the American Communist Party and join up since according to your man Hegel (as read by Marx) they're the ultimate victors.
Yes the Patriot Act sucks... but your arguements are even less convincing than the 9/11 audio loop.