Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Help me get into coffee

[ QUOTE ]
Try this: go try coffee ice cream at an ice cream shop. If you like the way it tastes, then coffee with cream and sugar is the way to go. If you don't like it, then maybe try the black stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe try black coffee, then try some with cream and sugar. But try it with cream and sugar in the morning so that you condition yourself to like it.

In any case, I recommend coffee with at least a little cream and sugar, you might even want to try cafe au lait or caffe latte first.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i noticed the apology, and good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate apology acceptances like this.

I retract my apology. I still admit I was wrong however I am just no longer sorry about it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I detest black coffee, and most forms of coffee unless it has a crapload of sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

so put a crapload of sugar in it. problem solved. it's not like you have to impress anyone. you'll get used to it naturally and the guy on the news says it helps prevent liver problems and some other diseases. score!

i'm told that shade-grown coffee tastes significantly better, but i haven't gotten around to trying it.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM

Drink what tastes good. If you make your own try some lighter beans, and some dark beans, see what you like. Many people like Dunkin' Donuts, but personally I prefer something darker like a french roast. 8 O'clock coffee is a cheap brand at my grocery store and it tastes great.

If you want to be exactly like me, buy the darkest, oilest beans you can, grind them just before brewing, use bottled or filtered water, make your coffee extra strong, and enjoy it with a medium splash of whole milk, NO SUGAR.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:33 AM

You're in college? Find a friend who works in one of the research labs - have them go in the stores and get you a bottle of caffeine powder. Do lines. Get buzzed.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 AM

just drink Coke or Pepsi in the morning. That's what I do.