Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: One night stand has me flipping out...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your problem was talking to someone who is straight-edge about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i still have the x in my screenname from 3 years ago. at least i dont have any tattoos [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. stupid youth...

rj
Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM

doesn't it take like 6 months at least for the HIV virus to show up enough in a test? Not sure this test will be all that meaningful.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person on earth who hasnt had a one night stand with a complete stranger?

not to flip you out but I think its crazy and not worth it in the long run. Stick to ex's amd girls you know are clean via their ex bf's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be banned from ever giving relationship advice. Please stick to poker.

NT
Old 08-29-2005, 02:26 PM

You should be fine. Don't worry about it. If you feel compelled to do something, you can copy and paste the following into an email, and forward it to all your friends, relatives, and co-workers...

To whom it may concern,

I got drunk and had protected sex with someone who does this alot. I don't mean to worry anyone, but I went and got tested, and it probably wouldn't hurt if you did too.

Also if you know anyone who has sat on any of the same doorknobs as you, or handled any of the same toilet seats as you, ate using the same fork, thrown salt over the same shoulder, worn the same underwear, or have come in contact with anyone after you saw me last, I would send a copy of this email to them too.

So good luck to you, hoping our pee don't turn blue.

Love,

Me

But really man, don't worry until you have a reason to.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM

I use to bartend for a living and was basically a male whore for 8 years. One night i did this girl, with NO condom. A few days later her Aunt comes to me and says, "I can't beleive you had sex with her, didn't you know her husband died of aids?"

I almost sh!t my pants right there. I was sick to my stomach for almost a year gettting tested every few months. Well it's been 10 years ago so I assume i am safe now but talk about a reality check.

At least you used a condom.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Wow. That's a helluva story. Scary [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
I use to bartend for a living and was basically a male whore for 8 years. One night i did this girl, with NO condom. A few days later her Aunt comes to me and says, "I can't beleive you had sex with her, didn't you know her husband died of aids?"

I almost sh!t my pants right there. I was sick to my stomach for almost a year gettting tested every few months. Well it's been 10 years ago so I assume i am safe now but talk about a reality check.

At least you used a condom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, would your opinions change if she was hooker?

It's a long story, just work with what you've got.

[/ QUOTE ]is having sex with a hooker considered a one night stand? i thought guys like to consider it more of a 'business transaction.' anyway, you should be ok, as long as you havent had the condom sitting in your wallet or glove box slowly degrading for the past year...oh and i hope she didnt give you a BJ without a condom either...b/c you can still get a bunch of lovely STDs that way. You could, however, have contracted something like crabs...but i'm pretty sure you would have noticed those little suckers by now....
Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing is 100%...

[/ QUOTE ]
if you've ever seen that Friends episode (which is one of the only ones I've seen) when Rachel tells Ross she is pregnant, you should know that condoms are only 97% effective.

I really don't like that show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your post was a joke and all, but I figured id respond anyway, cuz I learned this the other day and found it interesting. The 97% that is quoted on things like condoms and birth control in terms of effectiveness isnt like odds of failure type thing. I.e. if you are wilt chamberlain and bang 30K women, due to sheer sample size you would eventually hit those 3% of the times where it failed, and voila, baby! Instead its like a statistic on the entire population. Like everyone who has sex and uses the pill or condom or whatever, of those, 3% will end up pregnant. This is according to my friend who works at a fertility clinic.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:51 PM

You need more experience with frivolous sex.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:57 PM

If you used a condom and she did not perform bareback oral service on you, then you will very likely be fine. Relax.

Lawrence