Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Chart

[ QUOTE ]
As for illegitimate births (as though this is a great indicator of the state of racial affairs in this country), of COURSE illegitimate births are up. Our country (and the rest of the Western world ahead of us) is shaking loose from our Puritan chains. Sex out of wedlock is no longer some huge taboo just because the Bible-beaters don't like it. Illegitimate (and that's a pejorative term if I've ever heard one) births are up and will continue to rise as this generation's wariness over the institution of marriage continues to grow. It has little, if anything, to do with welfare reform.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence (Law)- The documentary or oral statements and the material objects admissible as testimony in a court of law.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evidence

example

Conjecture -
1 Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork
2 A statement, opinion, or conclusion based on guesswork
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=conjecture

EXAMPLE:
...of COURSE illegitimate births are up. Our country (and the rest of the Western world ahead of us) is shaking loose from our Puritan chains.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Social Security

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the search for truth, it would be better if both sides would simply admit, there is no trust fund. Our future benefits are totally dependent on our childrens willingness to pay. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get a response from this statement. The truth is not something that Liberals consider, respect, or acknowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right - we really just kind of live to piss you guys off. There's only one ideology in this world, sir, and that is yours. Don't let anyone bring it into question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actions speak louder than words. Anyone remember Clinton complaining about Bush 1's overseas travel during the campaign? I do. Remember what Clinton did? He broke Bush 1's record for overseas travel. Just thought I would throw that in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, slow down before you hit a wall of irrelevance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't want to follow in your footsteps.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Social Security

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the search for truth, it would be better if both sides would simply admit, there is no trust fund. Our future benefits are totally dependent on our childrens willingness to pay. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get a response from this statement. The truth is not something that Liberals consider, respect, or acknowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right - we really just kind of live to piss you guys off. There's only one ideology in this world, sir, and that is yours. Don't let anyone bring it into question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actions speak louder than words. Anyone remember Clinton complaining about Bush 1's overseas travel during the campaign? I do. Remember what Clinton did? He broke Bush 1's record for overseas travel. Just thought I would throw that in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, slow down before you hit a wall of irrelevance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't want to follow in your footsteps.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I make a post that was entirely off topic? I didn't, you're just trying to take jabs at me for the sake of feeling better about yourself. I'm sure it's working.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Challenge Accepted, Sheetwise (What Democrats Believe)

I only skimmed your post, but if this is what Democrats really believe, the US is in sadder shape than I imagined.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM

So the conspiracy is that welfare would help everyone else but tap something cultural in the african-american population, thereby trapping them in a continual downward spiral of illegitimate birth and poverty tied to government assistance? Ok.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:08 PM

Combined with the rhetoric, yes.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the conspiracy is that welfare would help everyone else but tap something cultural in the african-american population, thereby trapping them in a continual downward spiral of illegitimate birth and poverty tied to government assistance? Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the contention is that the current welfare system encourages poor urban people of all races to have illegitimate children. The fatherless children almost invariably form the next generation of poor urban people, etc., etc., etc. The fact that African-American statistics mirror this pattern is a reflection of the fact that African-Americans account for a disproportionately high percentage of the people trapped in this cycle.

If you concede this point, or the much weaker and much more obvious form that Democratic welfare programs have done NOTHING to solve the problems of poverty or racial inequality, then you can see why many people doubt that the Democrats have really picked up Lincoln's mantle.

What exactly has the Democratic contribution to minorities been? Welfare and affirmative action, two colossal failures. Instead of reforming either program, or scrapping them in favor of something better, Democrats prefer to drag out the tired old cliche of Southern racist Republicans. If you've spent any time in the South, I can guarantee you'd be shocked by the level of racial integration. You'll see far more open, color-blind interaction between people of different races there than you will in any big northern city.

I think a time is coming in the medium term where voters of color will recognize that the Democratic Party has not done anything for them in the last 30 years and has no intention of doing so in the near future. When this happens, say goodbye to the Democratic Party.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
There's clearly no argument that in the 19th century, it was indeed the Democratic party that was the bastion of racist whites, especially in the south. It's also quite clear that ALL of those people (or their physical or political descendants) have now switched parties and are now a dominant faction with the Republican party.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the sky is red.

Trust me.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:24 PM

Leave the Democrats to their illusions of superiority. After all, you're refering to "fly-over" country.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's clearly no argument that in the 19th century, it was indeed the Democratic party that was the bastion of racist whites, especially in the south. It's also quite clear that ALL of those people (or their physical or political descendants) have now switched parties and are now a dominant faction with the Republican party.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the sky is red.

Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And SheetWise likes to present facts when he challenges your points. I'm serious, he does. OK you got me, he never does.