Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Mahatma

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny where this thread went, but I'm glad somebody linked his music. My input: This is unbelievably bad. Whoever said hits beats were good is borderline retarded. This guy sounds like he tries to bite his own ear. Its sad, I will never railbird this freak the same way again. These songs make me miss Shaq-Fu.

-JOTR

[/ QUOTE ]

you are showing your inexperience with actual rap prodcution. massive difference between beats and rap.

the beats he almost 100% did not produce and i can assure you he does not have the rhythmic ability to create the drumlines on some of the beats i listened to. nor is it possible this guy could even lay it down if the base, drumline, and accompanyment was handed to him on a mixer.

the beats are good some of them...the rap and lyrics and rhythm of th eartist are wretched to the point of embarassment.

but im glad you have the ability to call me retarded without the ability to listen and / or hear good beats / music.

-Barron
Old 08-23-2005, 08:37 PM

Jesus wasn't black, he was middle eastern dumb dumb

-Matt
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 AM

Doesn't Mahatma himself say specifically that he does all of his own beats? And no, IMO, not a single one of these beats is good. They are simple and bland. They might possibly have been acceptable in 1992, but they are terrible now. At least we agree that his rapping ability is beyond bad.

[ QUOTE ]
you are showing your inexperience with actual rap prodcution. massive difference between beats and rap.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my brother is signed to a major label. Don't ask, I'm not comfortable discussing it. Next time your in Cali, PM me, I'll introduce you to E-40.

-Word
Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it? Everytime I see it on, I start watching, but then I lose interest. Maybe one time I'll sit through the whole thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's really slow, but it picks up. Basically around the time he starts bowling IMHO. But the whole movie is good.

NT
Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OLAF, METAL! METAL FACE, OLAF!

something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Olaf....Berserker...
"i want you to suck my c%$#...BERSERKER!!!"
Assuming you are referring to Clerks and this hasn't been answered already.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:24 AM

I only listened to maybe three songs on here and it was pretty painful but the beats I heard were incredibly mediocre. Cant see why someone would call you an idiot over it, but.

The ones I heard were almost positively made with fruityloops as the drum engine and acid as the sequencer or maybe even fruity or cool edit for both. There are thousands of kids on soundclick and zebox (is that still around) that have songs that sound exactly like this, absolutely off key vocals and mediocre beats, just search through em.

what songs did you like the beats on? now im curious
Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM

OMFG, this thread is hysterical. If I were Diablo I would be pissing in my pants and rolling on the floor laughing at what I had started here. Barron, you manage to make yourself look so stupid by not getting it when people are joking on here, it's priceless. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just listened to the song Spirit Rocks. That is sooooo bad
words can not describe it. If you want to torture your ears
check it out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=99740

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know what really makes me sad....

the fact that the beats are very good. good drum lines, good bass, and accompanyments. this guy is just unable to maintain anything resembling a flow and his voice is HORRIBLE over the beats. if THIS GUY has a contract and kanye then [censored] man, i dont know what to say other than that is just unreal.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Your inability to apply your skepticism and logical rigor at the poker table to real life far fetched claims still amazes me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You really think Kanye is considering wasting his time on this guy? El Diablo started this rumor for fun and it is not confirmed anywhere else.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your inability to apply your skepticism and logical rigor at the poker table to real life far fetched claims still amazes me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You really think Kanye is considering wasting his time on this guy? El Diablo started this rumor for fun and it is not confirmed anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, who ruins the joke? I mean, honestly!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG, this thread is hysterical. If I were Diablo I would be pissing in my pants and rolling on the floor laughing at what I had started here. Barron, you manage to make yourself look so stupid by not getting it when people are joking on here, it's priceless. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

-Barron