Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: HULA ML Week 3 Results

hmmm...

just call yourself as having a win. i have lost interest in doing the HULA matches!

i mean geez, i meant to inspire fear and all, but...
(i hope folks realize how tongue in cheek a lot of what i say is)

but in all seriousness i think this really sucks and i hope others don't follow course. as for this week, do i get another matchup? who wants a piece of the wonk? stop running in fear all u ninnies! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm...

just call yourself as having a win. i have lost interest in doing the HULA matches!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee - Rory is one of the posters that I have a great deal of respect for. What is this about? I agree that it stinks. We have an outstanding match from last week against Rory. Is it fair that that team takes automatic loses for these matches? Not in my view. On the other hand, it is hardly fair for my player to have been waiting all of last week and this week for an opportunity to make up the week 2 match. Likewise, it would not be fair for his team to be able to simply pick the "best" player on the team to now play the outstanding matches. Rory, will you please clarify?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 PM

there are probably already rules in place, but if not i would say that the match against ur team has been delayed WAY too long and you should get the victory, BDS.

against me, i think it's early enough that a makeup should be allowed. to prevent captains from using their best players over and over i would suggest letting the challenger (whoever got stood up) to choose their opponent on the other team. if that player can't play w/in 48 hours or so then it should be a forfeit. this is obviously just my idea. i'm happy to play whomever, but for fairness their should be some reasonable std procedure.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Alright BDS I guess I can take Rory's spot in the week 2 match [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...

...who am I playing?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:35 PM

For week two, tongni on our team was to play rory. I just exchanged email with tongni asking him if he had any info to share about this match. He wrote: "i chatted with rory, we wer ehanging out at turning stone for a while, he said that we'd just play one hand to decide the winner but he didnt really feel like doing it, so he just let me win..."

In the week 2 thread, stealthcow reported "rory. rory's match is tongni, who we met up with in turning stone. they never played headsup, or flipped a coin to decide who the winner was (which they were considering doing). i want them both to play, and i think i'm gonna want to watch them play. but i dont know if thats going to go down or not. rory can't relaly play him until he gets back in either case. i have no idea what sgoing on with rory's other match, but i think that rory was supposed to play with someone, tried to confirm but it never did."

I need the powers to be to please sort this out and let me know how it will be handled.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright BDS I guess I can take Rory's spot in the week 2 match [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...

...who am I playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that would put you against tongni and pretty much assure a victory for team bds (since you are both on that team). LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are probably already rules in place, but if not i would say that the match against ur team has been delayed WAY too long and you should get the victory, BDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also worth nothing that Rory's match against tongni only matters for tiebreakers. So a forfeit seems appropriate there.

Kind of like mine this week, as we're 3-0! WTG team!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...who am I playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that would put you against tongni and pretty much assure a victory for team bds (since you are both on that team). LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was the plan. But I was looking to keep that last bit on the DL...
Old 08-24-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-0! WTG team!

[/ QUOTE ]

Team BDS > all other teams
Old 08-24-2005, 06:51 PM

It's too bad rory has lost interest in HULA ML.

One of the stated rules in an earlier thread was that if a player couldn't play the opposing captain picks the makeup guy. Give me a bit too sniff around and I'll pick someone. Forfeiting the match is another possibility.

raisins