Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: a common situation i may be misplaying

[ QUOTE ]
I am making every effort I can to fold out random wheel draws, backdoor flush draws, and even random pair hands with set and or runner-runner outs. One thing I don't want to have happen is some junk hand call the flop ("because I didn't put you on an A...") and pick up a backdoor diamond draw, for example. With 9 bets in already I'm goin' to town.

I also really like the idea of preemptively charging any diamond draws that are hanging around behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a lot of draws for one oppoenent to have on a A35 flop. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Plus the pot isn't really that big. But of course in a bigger pot I wouldn't mind a raise. Here, I think it's a mistake. Now if you tell me you want to raise because you're likely good and you just think you'll get an extra bet in from pair hands that SB has because he's a thinking player and knows you are too and probably finds your flop raise suspicious for anything including an ace then I could see it. But that's not really the case here.

The comments on raising the turn however I think are pretty bad, given the flop play. Really bad actually. When he bets into you again on the turn it's about as clear of a WA/WB situation as there is and nothing nets you more than simply calling down, betting if checked to.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: a common situation i may be misplaying

The chance he's on a draw is not infinitesimal, but pretty darn close.
If he's not reasonable, we probably have a ballpark read on him because not many players raise EP limpers in SB with a hand that has a draw here.
If we don't have that read, then how do we know he won't 3-bet with a worse hand for instance?

But I see your point and of course, if it's possible he could be on a draw we should raise the turn. I just think the chance is too small for it to consider in this situation.