Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Longest feasible downswing for solid player

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(notice 4BB/100 didn't appear once in this post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused ... are you guys saying the people on this forum don't have winrates above 4 typically?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying for months that 4BB/100 is sustainable at 2/4 - most people disagree. In any case, the issue has been beaten to death which is what I was alluding to.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-08-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(notice 4BB/100 didn't appear once in this post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused ... are you guys saying the people on this forum don't have winrates above 4 typically?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying for months that 4BB/100 is sustainable at 2/4 - most people disagree. In any case, the issue has been beaten to death which is what I was alluding to.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall that from my 50,000 hands or so of lower limit poker my rate was above 4, maybe even above 5. I know a few people who probably wouldn't lie to me who say their lower limit WRs are in the 4s as well.

I think it's defnitely sustainable. Maybe I ran super hot, but my WSD% was only a bit above 50 during that time, so I don't think so.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:51 PM

Welcome to the dark side.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-08-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the dark side.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Mwahaha.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:19 AM

May I just say the SSHE forum is by far the most helpful on here out of all of them.
~Justin
Old 08-09-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
May I just say the SSHE forum is by far the most helpful on here out of all of them.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly seems that way to me, though I pretty much love this whole site. I can't believe I didn't just go here based on the back of the books earlier.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I recall that from my 50,000 hands or so of lower limit poker my rate was above 4, maybe even above 5. I know a few people who probably wouldn't lie to me who say their lower limit WRs are in the 4s as well.

I think it's defnitely sustainable. Maybe I ran super hot, but my WSD% was only a bit above 50 during that time, so I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your win rate fall off in some predictable fashion?
for example:
2/4 = 4
5/10 = 3
10/20 = 1.5

Just curious....
Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for example:
2/4 = 4
5/10 = 3
10/20 = 1.5

Just curious....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, though 2/4 was higher than 3/6, and I didn't play much 5/10 full back then. I jumped to 10/20 basically right from 3/6.

Here are my stats from that period of time, in case you care:

Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for example:
2/4 = 4
5/10 = 3
10/20 = 1.5

Just curious....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, though 2/4 was higher than 3/6, and I didn't play much 5/10 full back then. I jumped to 10/20 basically right from 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't read into that much. My winrate at the old 15/30 was in excess of 8 BB/100 for the first 15K or so hands.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for example:
2/4 = 4
5/10 = 3
10/20 = 1.5

Just curious....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. vpip 24?!? folded BB to steal 41.1?!?!?! WTSD 37?!?!?! 5.88 BB/100 over 20k hands!?!?!?

Wowowowowowowowowowowowow. Damnit I must suck. I looked at your SB folded to steal and thought it was your BB folded to steal!