Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Not Eating Food For A Day

[ QUOTE ]
Stop eating all sugar and caffeine and everyone will have a headache even if they eat normal amounts of food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt bruiser drinks coffee. He comes off as one of those au natural in what I eat, caffeine is a drug type guys that wouldn't drink coffee just because of that. He's also young and doesn't sound like someone who would drink coffee.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just water, until i wake up tomorrow for fun. anyone want to do it with me see if you can do it? the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are being serious Bruiser, I think this is a pretty stupid idea. Rather if you doing it in belief of a stronger good then I support your cause. (IE say if you want to see what true hunger feels like for those who live in parts of the world that often go without food for more than a day, then yes I say what you are doing is worthy). However to say that you are going without food for a day just for "fun" is a pretty mean testament.

Lawrence
Old 07-28-2005, 05:23 PM

My post is not directed at bruiser or anyone in particular. I just wanted to point out that a headache might be caused by other reasons than a lack of food.

I am surprised that the replies here are not more supportive. I assumed everyone fasted for a day at least once every year.

gl bruiser it is a good idea
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised that the replies here are not more supportive. I assumed everyone fasted for a day at least once every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think this?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gl bruiser it is a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people would be more supportive if there was some sort of reason for it.

Fasting for a day as some sort of sacrifice (religious reasons, hunger awareness, etc) is arguably a good idea.

Fasting for a day just for the hell of it (for "fun", or because food will taste better the next day) strikes me a remarkably stupid.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM

It is only a day.

I do it often. If I don't feel good, if I am busy, if I can't get good food, if I think a certain food is causing an allergy. The only way to understand which foods make you feel good or bad is to isolate them. That is stop eating till the symptoms pass then eat it by itself and see if it is the culprit.

So I assumed everyone had stopped eating for a day at some point for one of the above reasons or the many I did not list. Everyone might have a different reason but I thought everyone would have done it.

Your body didn’t come with a manual you have to figure it out by yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fasting for a day just for the hell of it (for "fun", or because food will taste better the next day) strikes me a remarkably stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a reason and people here don't like it he knows he will get grief from the people here.

Finding out something new through experimentation is very fun and when it is about your health it is more than worth the risk of finding out it might have been a wasted effort.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 PM

what is the idea behind religious fasting?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:13 PM

When I was 10 we thought I was allergic to strawberries, I ate grapes instead. I don't see how I'd ever be too busy to eat, or could ever forget to eat, usually my stomach reminds me.

p.s. I'm not allergic to strawberries.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many individuals confuse food allergy with food intolerance, which is much more common and not as severe. Food intolerance involves the inability of the body to digest a substance, leading to symptoms of discomfort (e.g., stomach cramping) but that pose little danger. Food intolerance often allows the individual to eat small portions of a problem food without experiencing symptoms. With a food allergy, even a very small portion of a food allergen can cause an allergic reaction.

True food allergies occur in roughly 1 to 2 percent of adults and 3 to 8 percent of children, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. About 90 percent of all food allergies have been traced to the following foods:

Cow’s milk
Eggs
Peanuts
Tree nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts)
Wheat
Soybeans
Fish
Shellfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Good chance you were not allergic to the strawberries but had intolerance for them as a child. Children have more food intolerances and as they get older they can disappear or the symptoms are so mild the person does not connect them to the food. I'm not an expert but I do know that for myself many foods cause mild symptoms that I just got used to living with. That's why a fast can open your eyes to things you never considered. Something to think about thats for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]