Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Watching Mussina Pwn

[ QUOTE ]
comments

1. mussina pwned today. and his last start. say what you will about pickoffs, which is a pretty lame criticism.

2. giambi=frisky

3. mariano rivera is so good

4. all this doom and gloom (andyfox im looking at you) about this hard roadtrip, games away against 2 division leaders and a .530 team, and we come out 6-5. not too shabby.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this a BIG win? or just a regular win?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:57 PM

dude, i think we're going to get some momentum from this. finally turn things around. i can see a change in everyones attitude, people are starting to break out of their slumbers and play like real yankees. you know, sometimes when a team wins a close game on the road they get that little spark, and maybe thats what this team needed. definitely i think we'll see a different team on the field starting tommorow, theyre going to turn it around and start really performing. theyll finally break out of it and turn things around, this was a huge momentum win and i think theyre going to build off it.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:08 PM

the first time mussina pwned, we went on our way to a 10 game winning streak that pulled us out of the funk.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, i think we're going to get some momentum from this. finally turn things around. i can see a change in everyones attitude, people are starting to break out of their slumbers and play like real yankees. you know, sometimes when a team wins a close game on the road they get that little spark, and maybe thats what this team needed. definitely i think we'll see a different team on the field starting tommorow, theyre going to turn it around and start really performing. theyll finally break out of it and turn things around, this was a huge momentum win and i think theyre going to build off it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you see a change in attitudes on a TV screen?

btw, i have always wondered. what is a 'real' yankee? was wade boggs a real yankee? considering he spent most of his career in the Boston organization. is david wells a true yankee? how about soriano? im sure he was a real yankee when he was putting up great numbers...is he still a yankee now that he plays for texas? is randy johnson a real yankee? does that fact that he needed 32m from the boss make him more a less a yankee? what about carl pavano? he grew up wanting to play for the yankees, and finally does....but wait...he has sucked...so he cant be a 'real' yankee. who decides who is a real yankee? like, i would think since they put the uniform on, they are a real yankee. like kevin brown was just as much a yankee for the last two seasons as jeter was!

hilarious!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM

my post was sarcastic

i think the whole "true yankee" thing is mostly BS.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:22 AM

at least the yankees have players they are loyal to, like jeter, rivera, posada etc.

who do the red sox have? schilling comes in for one year, and all of a sudden he's the quintissential red sock?

or how about a statement saying, oh we'd get of nomar in a HEARTBEAT for a-rod by a fellow teammate? and once nomar gets injured, he just becomes trade bait?

or how about your world series mvp, manny ramirez? they just threw him on the waivers hoping someone would pick him up.

and how about foulke? he is a BIG factor in the postseason last year, and now red sox fans are booing him so easily? do they not remember what he contributed to your ball club?

and you guys are READY to ship arroyo now for aj burnett. is there a single red sox player you are loyal to? i don't know...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:49 AM

So Mariano Rivera getting booed earlier in the season was just my imagination?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at least the yankees have players they are loyal to, like jeter, rivera, posada etc.

who do the red sox have?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, Varitek? Trot Nixon? Wakefield (the real 2003 ALCS MVP)?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

who do the red sox have? schilling comes in for one year, and all of a sudden he's the quintissential red sock?

or how about a statement saying, oh we'd get of nomar in a HEARTBEAT for a-rod by a fellow teammate? and once nomar gets injured, he just becomes trade bait?

or how about your world series mvp, manny ramirez? they just threw him on the waivers hoping someone would pick him up.

and how about foulke? he is a BIG factor in the postseason last year, and now red sox fans are booing him so easily? do they not remember what he contributed to your ball club?

and you guys are READY to ship arroyo now for aj burnett. is there a single red sox player you are loyal to? i don't know...

[/ QUOTE ]

If by loyalty, you mean signing players who happen to be in the top 3 of thier position? Wow, those Yankees really bend over backwards!

A quintessential Red Sox? What does that mean? I really have no idea. Pedro was my favorite player and still is. Schilling gets brought up all the time because he is the best pitcher they have and pitched in the ALCS with a serious injury.

Nomar. They traded a guy who was performing far below his capabilities in his contract year when it was obvious he wasn't going to resign. Its called BUSININESS and its the same way the Yankees operate. Why do you people think there is something special about them? There isn't. They have the most money and buy the best players. Pretty simple formula.

Manny has a contract that makes him overpaid. I love the guy, but I wish his contract was not on the books. I am a fan of how a front office makes tough decisions, in order to stay competitive.

Foulke. I don't boo players on the team I am rotting for. Its moronic. I cant speak for the people at Fenway who DO boo him, but I can guarantee you wont see my chewing the fat with them. IMO, they are idiots.

I think most baseball/sports fans are idiots when it comes to talking about the game. Red Sox fans, Yankee fans, Padres fans. Picking on Yankees fans is the easiest though, because there are so many and they don't hesitate to show you how stupid they are by talking, because they have 26 world championships behind them that they feel entitles them to share their retarded opinions with you.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Yankee fan and this is the dumbest post ever. Its clearly loyal of us to keep these guys on the roster. I mean, hell, why on earth are we so loyal to the best closer in the league? Or Jeter. They should totally trade him to make room for someone who's more clutch in the playoffs, maybe more of a team leader? If the Yankees could find better players and better fits for these positions, they would.