Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: In memory of dead --- R.I.P. circa 07/17/2005

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a burst of energy right now and I feel like ranting a little bit. I actually remember thinking 2-3 weeks ago that someguy2 sure does seem to suck but I didn't want to ban him because I thought that would be unfair. Well enough of the self doubt as time and time again my wisdom shows itself to be true. For now on if I think you suck, i'm banning first and asking questions later as clearly I'm like truth serum when it comes to sniffing shithead posters out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vindication!

eh ...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is ghost bumping not kosher? what if its a good ghost bump of a particularly appropriate thread (dcifrthis's unfortunate combo of threads, for example) or a memorable one?

im just looking for a clarification, im all for banning stupid ghostbumpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the examples you site I would expect that a traditional bump with comment like "this thread is appropriate to the current discussion in X thread or something along those lines. It doesn't at all require a ghost bump where the poster bumps a thread then deletes his post. Basically once again I only require posters to use common sense and once again there will be plenty of idiots who prove themselves incapable of doing so.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 PM

that makes sense. [censored] away.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is ghost bumping not kosher? what if its a good ghost bump of a particularly appropriate thread (dcifrthis's unfortunate combo of threads, for example) or a memorable one?

im just looking for a clarification, im all for banning stupid ghostbumpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The policy was clearly established yesterday when one poster went on a ninja bumping spree. It was [censored] annoying and he got caught red handed.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a burst of energy right now and I feel like ranting a little bit. I actually remember thinking 2-3 weeks ago that someguy2 sure does seem to suck but I didn't want to ban him because I thought that would be unfair. Well enough of the self doubt as time and time again my wisdom shows itself to be true. For now on if I think you suck, i'm banning first and asking questions later as clearly I'm like truth serum when it comes to sniffing shithead posters out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say [censored], OOT has been really good lately. I think you should definetly trust your insticts. There has been a marked change here since you became a mod. All you need is a cool way of banning people. [censored] in the banned poster's title is cool but maybe you could get a calling card of sorts where you respond to their last post. A good image comes to mind. Think about it.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are worse. WAY worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then be the first person NOT to hijak this thread and post some!

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been many, many misogynistic posts in OOT that make Dead look like a kitten. Sure, he was a pain in the ass sometimes, but if we're getting into the business of policing OOT, there are going to be waaaaaaaay more indians than cowboys. IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The differece was that Dead was always like that and for 6000 posts in 6 months. He seemed to be a professional troll and his omnipresence affected the mood here too negativly to be tolerated. I think we should give the mod who did it a prize of some sort.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...maybe you could get a calling card of sorts where you respond to their last post. A good image comes to mind. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggestion of the day!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]