Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: AQ River

[ QUOTE ]
[I'd hate to not get at least one bet in on this river when I have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but I just don't think our hand is best here all that often given CDC's read and the action.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Results

I guess you can change your notes on him now. 5 bets pre with QJ against an EMP, possible weak tight limp-4 bettor?

b
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't usually reraise here preflop. If there were more people in, sure, but heads up I think the deception you get by not raising is worth much more than the fraction of a sb in value that the raise earns you.

[/ QUOTE ]

One benefit is it could make the opponent tighten his raising standards behind you a little more on later hands.

b
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, now that I've been reminded of the preflop action I think we should check and call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

how clear is it?

-Barron
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM

So does smoothcalling him and then crushing him postflop.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does smoothcalling him and then crushing him postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But I think preflop might make a bigger impact. He might just think you caught something postflop and put little thought to how it was played postflop since there was less aggression on that street.

b
Old 07-15-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he bets this river and gets raised he's probably good less than 0. 5% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]FYP
Old 07-15-2005, 07:05 PM

I don't like the turn check-raise. Perhaps against this guy its okay, but against most, no way.

This turn will get checked through by most hands that you beat, ie AK, TT, AJ (and even AJ/TT if he bets will fold to your check-raise). What hands do you think he puts you on when you check the turn? The board has a Q and a J on it and you went nuts preflop. So now you are giving up with TT? You have AK and decided to just call down? Your turn check looks very suspicous to me and I would check the turn quite often...that is unless I had the monster...

If the turn does get bet, you are behind here to a great number of hands. Your opponent's smooth call on the flop is often a standard slowplay. I would expect to see overpair or better out of him quite often given your limp re-raise preflop was fourbet. Once it is three-bet by him, lean more toward "better" and less toward "overpair" (and if overpair its likely AA).

On the river you should check and call. Your check-raise on the turn promises more than AQ, and yet he still three-bet you. On the turn HE has AA or better (that is a set or since it is possible QJ). He doesn't have KK for his turn threebet since he HAS to fear AA or better from you given your action. Honestly, would you put yourself on AQ given your preflop limp five-bet and turn checkraise and thus conclude KK is boss here??