Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Pic of Greg & Matusow After Play Ended

[ QUOTE ]
And Mike can be very funny as well, as long as he's not going too far. One funny thing he said during the conversation in the picture, was that if he and I get heads-up we should hold ESPN for ransom. Tell them to give us 10M each or we won't play it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. If ESPN gets Greg, MM, and Ivey at the final table, they will be doing backflips of joy for months.

Good luck Greg- bring it home!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:45 PM

Greg,
You are definitely a class act. Thanks a lot for being part of this forum. Good luck the rest of the way.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:58 PM

Jesus, you should be sleeping/resting, not dealing with us donks.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, you should be sleeping/resting, not dealing with us donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 9:00AM there. I'm not sure what time he went to sleep, but I wouldn't want to sleep all day and wake up groggy from oversleeping.

I think Mike acts the way I act to my friends, giving them hell, talking trash all the way. Nothing wrong with that, except he does it to people he meets for the first time. I don't think he's mean spirited, but does lack a whole lot of tact.

Greg has gone through more crap than most celebrities in recent memory, from the robbery attempt at the Bellagio to the dickhead scoping out his daughter, Greg's gone through enough crap for a lifetime. Kudos to him for handling it so well. Hopefully you won't have to do it again.

[ QUOTE ]
I always thought the comments by Mike in last years WSOP were so overblown... When he made them it was nothing personal against raymer, they were battleing for table control and mike was trying to intimidate and rile him up... that backfired obviously as Raymer showed he wouldn't back down and pushed on a heavy draw... Mike made a bad call and the rest is history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad call why? Because Greg happened to make his flush??
Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought the comments by Mike in last years WSOP were so overblown... When he made them it was nothing personal against raymer, they were battleing for table control and mike was trying to intimidate and rile him up... that backfired obviously as Raymer showed he wouldn't back down and pushed on a heavy draw... Mike made a bad call and the rest is history.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because Mike was a dog on the flop.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and self-deficate himself

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate when that happens

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because Mike was a dog on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against what Greg actually had, he was a dog but calling was +EV with the money in the pot (it was basically a race). The call was bad because, against Greg's full range of hands, he was not getting the correct price.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no hate in me for Mike, and I consider him to be a very talented poker player. I do believe that many of his comments are WAY too negative and often come across as mean-spirited, whether he means them that way or not. Of course, if you're saying mean things, I think that is a bad thing, whether it is a cold and calculated tactic to put somebody on tilt and get their chips, or if you're saying it because you really mean it.

And Mike can be very funny as well, as long as he's not going too far. One funny thing he said during the conversation in the picture, was that if he and I get heads-up we should hold ESPN for ransom. Tell them to give us 10M each or we won't play it out.

That could probably almost work. It would have to be a wet dream for the ESPN execs if it were to happen.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a wet dream about that last night [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]