Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Confusing 1010 hand.. thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i check/call all the way down and prolly fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really hate this line here. It's so expensive, you never find out where your at, you don't define your hand and give the villian tons of incentive to try to bluff you off with overs. AND your giving two basically free cards at what could easily be 6 outs or more and you don't know which cards hurt you by not betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree check calling the whole way is atrocious. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so take your line and go bust which you obviously did. take my line and control the size of the pot. if he makes a huge bet, let the hand go. its so simple. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

read 2 posts up. didnt go bust [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 07-13-2005, 07:38 PM

Ha well after poker prophecying the guy I would say that this play definitely +EV. I wouldn't try it against a good (or even solid) player though (not that they would minraise to begin with).
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i check/call all the way down and prolly fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really hate this line here. It's so expensive, you never find out where your at, you don't define your hand and give the villian tons of incentive to try to bluff you off with overs. AND your giving two basically free cards at what could easily be 6 outs or more and you don't know which cards hurt you by not betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree check calling the whole way is atrocious. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so take your line and go bust which you obviously did. take my line and control the size of the pot. if he makes a huge bet, let the hand go. its so simple. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

read 2 posts up. didnt go bust [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah, not to be results oriented or anything, but the way you posted this hand, tells me that your instincts were telling you that you were possibly behind. instinct is a very strong thing in this game and as such, i take the line of checking and calling in an effort to keep the pot small until you have more information. however, the standard play is to be the aggressor with an overpair when headsup in a relatively shallow stack situation such as a party sng.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:20 AM

I think that it is very important to learn that in no limit, checking and calling is often not the best way to keep a pot small.

Especially out of position.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that it is very important to learn that in no limit, checking and calling is often not the best way to keep a pot small.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it is, if he fires a huge bet, let go of the hand. by calling you are announcing that you have a hand.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it is, if he fires a huge bet, let go of the hand. by calling you are announcing that you have a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, nm... I'm going to bed.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, nm... I'm going to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, i will yield, considering that he is out of position.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:10 AM

This might have already been said (I've been told to post responses on here before looking at others' responses so I'd learn more)...but here's what I think -- you're either way ahead or way behind. If you're going to put him all-in after he invests another 300 on the turn, why not just push on the flop and make it a harder call on villain? Certainly it's not because you're so sure you're ahead that you just want more $ in the pot. Take the fight to villain and make him make a really tough call, IMHO.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might have already been said (I've been told to post responses on here before looking at others' responses so I'd learn more)...but here's what I think -- you're either way ahead or way behind. If you're going to put him all-in after he invests another 300 on the turn, why not just push on the flop and make it a harder call on villain? Certainly it's not because you're so sure you're ahead that you just want more $ in the pot. Take the fight to villain and make him make a really tough call, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

if im either way ahead or way behind, a free card wont hurt me, and ill take that extra 300 chips on the turn if im way ahead. holla
Old 07-14-2005, 03:53 AM

Are you insane of course a free card can hurt you if he has overcards! It's not like you have KK and are scared he has AA.