Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: PokerEdge Hacked! :-)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you want it hacked.. personally I like that PE users see I'm a TAG, because most of them are TAG's, I want that to scare them away from my table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you want it hacked.. personally I like that PE users see I'm a TAG, because most of them are TAG's, I want that to scare them away from my table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be pretty damn fantastic to either skew my aggression factor to be 0 or 10.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The simple workaround is that they just read the data from the file at the moment it is written, cache that, then upload from their cache. So unless you create a driver to intercept the data before the filesystem sees it, they will work around this in about 15 minutes. Especially now that you've told them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see a problem here: OP tricked PE into reading the file from a different location than where Party client writes to - via network drive/second PC or something. So this can be done, quite easily it seems.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:46 PM

You should make all of the fish you play against look like TAGs... that makes quite a bit more sense than drawing PE-using TAGs to you and your tables.

Freakin
Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and he was talking about skewing pokertracker somehow as well. The programing he knows is way above me - but a "Pokertracker Blocker" or somehow distorting your statistics would rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that this is impossible unless you could somehow TRICK the sites into making flase hand histories. Poker tracker imports hands which are loaded from the poker sites onto your computer. Unless you could get into the users computer, I would say this cannot be done very easily.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:07 PM

I think you can't open hhf-file in write mode because it will cause sharing violation. However I may be wrong about it. What about posting these 2-3 lines with all flags where you open hhf-file for writing - then I will tell if you actually wrote this program.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:21 PM

You open it read-only, read the info, write to a new HH file in a different location. He then said he 'tricked' PE to import from the location with the newly written HH file. I don't have PE, so I don't exactly know what 'trick' means here, but it's very simple to read the HH file in realtime and write to a new one.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:24 AM

Got it. Then only PE author may comment if he is reading only hhf where open window present or not. There could be a lot of old hand histories but I don't think PE will read it - window should be open.
Hm... if the program changes Party table window title to modified one and start to write to similarly named hhf... then with proper timing I bet that PE will open and read incorrect HHF (rename window and start writing right after table creation but before PE caugth old title and file for processing). Becuase 99% that PE looks for hhf-file according to table window title. Yes, this way this trick is probably possbile, don't know is it what topic-starter did or not.