Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Terror attack in London

CNN has a map up of the 7 confirmed explosions right now.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:02 AM

Really upset by this horrendous tragedy. You are in our prayers Londoners. Hang in there.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is in poor taste to say,

[/ QUOTE ]

If your goal was to instanly become everyone's least favorite poster, consider your mission accomplished. Otherwise, shut the f[/i]uck up and die you f[/i]ucking dick.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was going to post about the number of people injured and it being low compared to one would expect in an enclosed area (subways) and compared to the number of explosions. but i thought I might be undermining a tragedy. I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, somebodies made it sound much worse than I was afraid I would come across

[/ QUOTE ]

They will be bringing out the injured first the announcements of deaths and stuff will come a lot later, the british police tend to wait for facts before passing it to the media.

There are people still stuck on trains in between stations I have been stuck in one like that for half an hour and it was bad enough and paniky enough, I cant imagine been there for 3 hours with the fear of a bomb going off as well. Ferryin g people to hospoital on buses so we are talking a lot of people.

The BBC will be being ultra cautios on reporting as they have a new policy after the russain massacre of ensuring and delaying information until it becomes fact.

I have the same stomach wrenching feeling I had on 9/11, hoped we had escaped it.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 AM

Please delete this post moderator. This type of view/argument may have its time and place, but its certainly not in this thread, and its definately not now.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is in poor taste to say,

[/ QUOTE ]

When has anyone tried to make this out to be as bad as a nuclear bomb? Some people got together and decided it would be a good thing to kill lots of random, innocent people. That is just a terrible thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that you're okay! You and spamuell and the other London 2+2ers are in our thoughts. We hope all those that you care about are okay.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 AM

Not much to be said, Besides thoughts go to those whom have lost loved ones, Friends and co-workers.

I'm expecting alot more attacks in london, But dont fear or feel a need to replan things or stay at home.

Will never understand what these attacks acomplish, But hopefully our preplanned procedures will help control the choas.

Overall london seems calm, London network services are jammed (O2/Orange/Vodaphone and other cell phone providers).

Not much to be said, RIP THose who are dead - Just hope there are no other bombs placed in hospitals, as a "fall back" plan.

Londoners will have to be alot more vigilant, Specially whilst on public transport.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is in poor taste to say, but in the grand scheme of things, a few buses being blown up doesn't seem to me to be that big of a deal. It's an everyday occurance in several countries. It's nothing on the order of magnitude of flying an airliner into a skyscraper, poising a water supply, or detonating a dirty bomb. If you want to have something to quiver in your boots regarding, think like I do: Eventually, someone, somewhere, is going to detonate a nuclear bomb as a terroist act. I'm just hoping that it occurs after my children have grown old and died.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot
Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 AM

i wonder if this has anything to do with the olympics and if nyc or paris would have won what would happen
Old 07-07-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is in poor taste to say, but in the grand scheme of things, a few buses being blown up doesn't seem to me to be that big of a deal. It's an everyday occurance in several countries. It's nothing on the order of magnitude of flying an airliner into a skyscraper, poising a water supply, or detonating a dirty bomb. If you want to have something to quiver in your boots regarding, think like I do: Eventually, someone, somewhere, is going to detonate a nuclear bomb as a terroist act. I'm just hoping that it occurs after my children have grown old and died.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to friends whom have had family injured, Limbs lost and serious smoke inhalation and then we'd see how you feel.

Comparing one loss of life to millions doesn't make that loss any better.

One life lost in bad enough, How about if your father got blown up on his way to work? How about your mother? Grow up.