Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: WSOP 50K Buy in

[ QUOTE ]
Am I alone in thinking the main event should be a 50K buy in. I was discussing with my friend and argued that it was 10K back in 1979. Not that i did the math just by simple inflation in my mind it should be 50K. I mean the WPT chapionship is 25K so why shouldnt the most prestigious event in the world cost more? In my mind it would be more exciting to watch 500 of the best players play for the title than have a 6000+ field shootout. If it were 50K there would be very little dead money as most people would have had to win multiple step tournaments to entry and wealthy people would think twice. Just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

There already are tournaments at the WSOP where only a few hundred people people, mainly pros, battle it out. Just look at how many people enter the 5000 dollar buy-in tournaments.

Like many others, I've thought of having a bigger buy-in at the main event, but I hope that doesn't happen soon. It's exciting to have an event with so many people.

I wonder how many will be in it about five years from now.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many will be in it about five years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably 124. The poker boom was over two days ago.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:37 AM

More people means more likely some schmuck like Moneymaker could win. Idiots winning is good for poker. And the idea of playing in the WSOP and qualifiers and everything is good too.