Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - A PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative

After losing PA Hude (see above), I killed the process and started back up. After a short while I minized to the system tray. As you can see in this screenshot, I right clicked on the PA Hud system tray icon and it was locked up. Also noteworthy is the process list which shows PA Hud using 0% CPU. No stats are updating and one of the table (Table # 36647 Located in the SW corner of the right screen) completely lost its stats. I waited over a minute and eventually killed the process prior to posting...

Screenshot Of Lockup

PAHud.log
Old 06-29-2005, 03:16 PM

After looking more closely at the log file, it appears PA Hud is waiting to receive results from a query to update a player? Maybe the query is timing out and locking up the process? Not sure...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM

APerfect10, I'm going to send you a PM so we can work this out. I think I know what may be causing this but I need more info. I'll update this thread when we get it figured out.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:42 PM

Here's another log file where PA Hud appears to be having problems. This time, it wasnt locked up; it was burning up 30% CPU; however, stats were only displayed on 1 of the 8 tables. Unfortunately I didnt get a screenshot with this one.

Looking at the log file, it appears a lot of exceptions are being thrown.

Log File 2

PS. The log file is slightly over 1 Meg.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:44 PM

I am using .11 and it stalls and won't update. Every few minutes in fact.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:11 PM

I got the program to load. For some reason the old program was still on my hardrive even though I had uninstalled it and it wasn't showing in the ADD/remove section.

One quick suggestion, would be to have an option to add players actions. By this I mean show if a player bet, checked or raised on each street. This is very helpful if you are not paying close attention. Thanks for the great program and I will send a few bucks shortly.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:12 PM

I am having the same problem with v0.11, but not as frequent. I played for 2 hours today and I think it happend about 5 times.

The last version (0.006) was very stable though.

I hope you can locate the problem. Except for the freeze this application is really really good! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 PM

I really appreciate you guys being patient while I try to figure out where these lockups are happening. Some people have no problems at all and some people are plagued with them. I'm doing my best to sort this out, and I appreciate your help.

I did find a problem with the minimize to system tray function, and I may have also found another problem causing the lockups. I created version 0.12 that fixes these problems in addition to adding some extra logging to help me pinpoint problems if they still exist.

So if you're having problems with the program locking up, please download version 0.12 from the website:

http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/

Be sure to let me know if this solves any of your problems.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really appreciate you guys being patient while I try to figure out where these lockups are happening. Some people have no problems at all and some people are plagued with them. I'm doing my best to sort this out, and I appreciate your help.

I did find a problem with the minimize to system tray function, and I may have also found another problem causing the lockups. I created version 0.12 that fixes these problems in addition to adding some extra logging to help me pinpoint problems if they still exist.

So if you're having problems with the program locking up, please download version 0.12 from the website:

http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/

Be sure to let me know if this solves any of your problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great!
I will try the new version and see if it changes anything.
For everyone else who is going to install it make sure you make a backup of your config files first!
I almost forgot it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps the installer could check if there is a previous version installed and then not overwrite the old config?
(I am talking about the layout manager etc.)
Old 06-29-2005, 06:22 PM

I will update the installation scripts soon, I just want to get this problem fixed first so everyone can have a working copy.