Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Horrid downswing...maintianing confidence?

He jumped straight up lol he didnt go sideways.

Back in Oz its like yeah good catch we see that every second week in summer watching the local competition.

In England its the greatest catch of all time.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was getting drawn out, and that all I needed was to try to keep my confidence and ride it out.

Unfortunatly, bad luck wasn't the problem, bad play was. I had started making more mistakes along the way, getting sloppy and nonchalant. I had lost my fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me too, and I suspect is fairly common. These downswings are NOT all variance, as OOP mentioned in his post.

Taking a break will not help, unless you examine your game during that time.

I suggest taking a break of 1 session (timewise). During that session, go through your PT database and replay the acual hands with your biggest losses and biggest wins.

Take notes on the hands as if someone else had posted them here in the forum. You will discover many leaks this way, and you may simply discover bad luck, or many overplayed hands.

The hands that don't seem wrong to you, but that also don't seem like villain was particularly lucky, post here.

It is much more likely that you got outplayed when you moved up. Find your winning game again at the lower limits, keep analysing and posting from your foray into 5/10, and when you're ready to try again, take your next shot.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
English only at the tables please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the problem.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:31 AM

OK, seriously, I took all of my money out of pinbet except for like $4. I'll put it on the team of whoever can explain cricket to me.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, seriously, I took all of my money out of pinbet except for like $4. I'll put it on the team of whoever can explain cricket to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

too hard

it goes all day for a scheduled 5 days - its always scary hot - normally you drink a lot of beer

australia to win the ashes series - best i can find is $1.60 currently but i already got on at $1.65 several months ago - they were $1.50 or so a week ago but they played there first 2 games and lost to the worst team in the world (bangladesh) and the hosts england - those games were 1 day games not tests which go for 5 days - those 2 loses were in the 3 way round robin - they have started slow but will still probably win the event

in any event form from the 1 day game often doesnt run true to test form - they are vastly different tactical games and several of the players are different (our best bowler doesnt bother to play them any more albeit that he was one of the best bowlers in that version)

i could talk players and form but it isnt neccesary - not even the lippiest pommie is going to dispute that man for man on current form our guys are better players - if you were picking the best side of 11 from both teams you would find it hard to find a spot for 2 of thier guys - they might bicker and say something sad like 4 - i reckon its 1 and i have lots of mates

traditionally the pommies get excited about their prospects at the start - then we crush them a bit and their press sinks the boot and we love it - normally we win the first couple of tests and its all over

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
English only at the tables please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno whats the matter with you lot. USA played in the first ever international cricket game, it used to be your biggest sport, and now you act like you never heard of it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

chez
Old 06-20-2005, 12:10 PM

Play tighter. Call preflop raises less often, especially out of the blinds. Stop leaking extra bets when you whiff the flop and get bet into. One thing that never accompanies big downswings, tight play. And tone down the agression just a little when someone is telling you that they have you beat. Those big bets add up.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical poms getting over excited.

I mean I'm hearing crap like Collingwood's catch best ever. It was a decent catch but thats it, Mark Waugh use to take those every season.

Harmison 3 wickets in an over, we still got 250.

Pietersen and his gay blondie hair looks like a damn freak. He makes Warnie look respectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down mate you're begining to sound worried. You'll be okay, you still have the better side as long as the old codgers can keep fit.

Talking of over-excited not only did they go over the top about the Collingwood catch they have now started asking if Pieterson is the new Viv Richards!

chez
Old 06-20-2005, 01:36 PM

Did I say something wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 03:41 PM

True you got a point an under the gun raise with two random cards and the stars guys think you have AA, at Party they don't care what you got......... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]