Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Worst Online Poker Software Features

Party:

1.) The search feature completely blows. My friends have told me they're unblocked, but I still don't see them when I search. Then I have to actually switch to the limit that they're playing before I can double click the table to launch it.

2.) Trying to join four tables with that annoying little pop-up window is beyond irritating.

3.) Completely agree that the ads when closing now are ridiculous.

4.) The table lists don't refresh nearly often enough...it really shouldn't be that much data to send. Maybe they could implement a client side refresh rate option for slower connections.

5.) Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll try to hover over peoples' names to see where they're from. Half the time it doesn't work. Same goes for the notes feature (hovering).

6.) Lately I've noticed that the windows aren't popping up when it's my turn to act, when 4 tabling. Not sure if this is isolated or not. They might flash, but they don't pop-up anymore.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 AM

Empire or Party:
1. I was playing .25/.50 6 max NL yesterday and noticed when the table becamse HU the SB did not have the button, the BB was last to act on all streets.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:58 PM

All sites let people sit out too long.

It frustrates me to find a table with an open seat, and the find that 3 people are sitting out.

PS has too many tables at some limits, which makes it hard to keep games going. They should have a couple of "must move" tables to feed the other tables when the drop.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Inability to resize the game window.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Party Poker

For multi-tablers like me when you post the big blind and are stopped from checking the autopost blind box by a pop up requesting you to blah blah 'check the autopost box'.

Grrrrr... but your stupid software is stopping me from checking that godamn box! You cannot do anything on the table until you close that pop up. That stupid pop up also nonsensically appears when you hit the wait for BB button AND when you choose to sit out. How stupid is that?

I was mulling over recently how much I would pay for software that would enable me to control that pop up's functionality. I came up with a figure of $350.

My dream is when I hit Post BB that the Auto Post Blind box is checked automatically without any 'censored' pop ups.

Heaven...

Always be folding
Old 06-14-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All sites let people sit out too long.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, but there's a balance to be struck.. Poker Room, for example, kicks you out of your seat if you lose connection during a hand that you're not involved in and aren't back by the time the cards are dealt for the next hand. Combine this with the client not recognizing that there's been a connection break for about a minute, and you have a recipe for player frustration (as soon as I see the "Warning: Slow Connection" message, I typically just go log into a Party skin).

[ QUOTE ]
PS has too many tables at some limits, which makes it hard to keep games going. They should have a couple of "must move" tables to feed the other tables when the drop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the idea, but I'm not sure must-moves would work online where people could just go sit back down at the table they were moved from. It's not like there're too many "virtual floormen" directing traffic.

Since this seems to be more of a UI peeve thread than a "worst feature" thread, I'll add a few of my own:

Party: lobby never updates, it's possible to be randomly dropped from a waitlist without notification, no players/flop%, the tables are so hideous they should include a link to pokermods.com in the README file.

Paradise: "Auto-muck" should mean "auto-muck", not "give me a few seconds to decide if I really want to auto-muck". When I stand up from a table, account for my money immediately, not after the next hand ends.

PokerRoom: Already mentioned the seat yoink; can't turn off chip or card animations, which leads to artifacts on a poor connection (if you're still sitting down) -- I can't count how many times I've seen a 10BB pot with only the blinds in so far pre-flop because the last hand's pot didn't clear properly.

Cryptos: Whose turn is it to act, anyway?

True: The interface was obviously not designed by anyone with solid UI experience (looks like an open source GUI, actually -- more "hey look what we can do" than "is this really where this should be?"). I've actually got a full post on True waiting to be written, so I'll stop at just the one here.

Noble: Whomever mentioned the one-window-for-all-tables thing, you've nailed my biggest peeve among all online cardrooms.

Full Tilt: if you're going to force me to use a graphical playback window for hand histories, make sure it's not buggy. If I click to see the last hand before the flop of the current hand, I invariably end up with the flop from two hands ago and the hole cards from last hand. Or something like that.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 PM

Pokerroom's "find a player" feature. All it can really tell you is whether they are logged in. Really useful.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Absolute: SB/BB is backwards in heads up tournament play... the button posts the BB and is last to act preflop. General awfulness.

Noble: approx 50 character limit on notes... hah! All tables in one window.

Prima: buttons are horrible in "small" view... who the hell wants "side chat" anyway?

Party: the multitabling gripes posted throughout this thread. General awfulness.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:01 PM

prima: bet/call x$

who doesn't care whether they're making the bet or calling it?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute: SB/BB is backwards in heads up tournament play... the button posts the BB and is last to act preflop. General awfulness.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually correct. the SB always posts to the left of the button.

Absolute: No 10 handed tables and no automatic reconnection.

UB: If you sitout when you get to a table without posting and miss the BB, it makes you post BB+dead.

Party: If you get disconnected in the middle of a hand your stuck sitting out the next no matter what it seems. Also, tables being stuck as the top window.