Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Pocket 99s

I used a profile of my own creation (based on one of the tight aggressive players) to play the simulations and I dictated the pre flop, flop, turn and river actions to the best of my ability (flop was easy). I had all the "adjust" options off for "my player only". I do have the new version of TTH. I picked a lineup that saw the flop about 35% of the time. I can't remember who was in it, but it was a mix of tight and loose players that I use sometimes when I want to practice and simulate $1-$2.

I was also worried about how/why the sim was such a big loser. That's why I played myself for awhile. It seemed as though I was winning the smaller pots and losing some of the bigger ones on the river.

I'm pretty sure reverse implied odds are at work to some degree. However, since my own play is not be up to your caliber, I think it would be great if someone else set it up and played the situation to see if my play was at fault or the situation is simply extremely difficult.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Pocket 99s

I looked into this with a little more detail. I think I know why it's coming out so badly.

If you knew that the flop was coming down 234 all of the same suit, you don't want to play 99 without a heart. The measure you have is how well 99 does in *THAT* situation. What you need to do is to subtract off the amount lost during preflop play (one bet if you limp, two bets if you raise) and see how things pan out. We only care about the profitablility of continuing after the flop comes down 234.

TTH (I have version 5) doesn't allow you to specify ranges of hands for your opponents to have when you run simulations. This means you can't give MP1 "raising hands" consistently. This further confounds the problem of using TTH to simulate this situation.